Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Thumbs up Great pro-gun argument

So, a firearms debate started on one of the forums, that I monitor occassionally (I just read, and don't write there anymore). And there is one dude... well, I won't really call him pro-gun, but he is a lawyer and is aware of logic, constitution and basic human rights.

The current debate twist is a questioning of further firearms restrictions upon law abiding citizens. So his argument was: there are at least 80 million legitimate firearm owners in the US, so even if we assume the worst (for firearm owners), that ALL firearm related homicides are their fault, then we'll have 99.99% of them, that have nothing to do with those crimes (realistically this number is 99.99995%) - can you imagine something safer than legitimate gun owner, and why the heck do those 99.99995% need any further regulation?
    Je suis déplorable

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Great pro-gun argument

Too many people have been conditioned to think of laws and government action as a primary solution to problems. It's like their duck tape, bandaids, WD40, Swiss Army knife, 409, antibiotics, and paper towels. As one person astutely put it, the problem is both "conservatives" and "liberals" want and expect government to be Superman, Santa Claus, and Mother Theresa all in one.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; May 1st, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Pike County)

Default Re: Great pro-gun argument

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Too many people have been conditioned not to think.
    Fixed it for you
    Je suis déplorable