Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default A gun saves the day....

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...RhrWCM9dQ.cspx
    Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: A gun saves the day....

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Philadelphia County)

It would be nice to see just one of these stories have the national spotlight for .000002 seconds, but who am I kidding that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Emoticon View Post
    It would be nice to see just one of these stories have the national spotlight for .000002 seconds, but who am I kidding that will never happen.
    So painfully true.

Whenever I see a story like this I try to make it go viral via facebook.

Every so often someone will re-post something I posted that they found on someone else's wall -- so that tells me that a story can make the rounds.

That is important for two reasons: The media outlets can see how many people read a story. If a lot of people read pro-gun stories, we will see more. Second, most of my friends are young a relatively liberal, so I can use this opportunity to turn a few dems and independents pro-gun.