Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: any outdoor ranges near reading beside lebanon valley?

what else has he done?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 97grnrs View Post
    what else has he done?
    He's just a dick who treats the members like crap. It's his constant assy tone and how he talks down to everyone. It's not conducive to growing a club nor does it help to get members to donate time to work at the club.

(Berks County)

ya well next time i go i intend to take no bs from him or anyone . if im following the rules then leave me alone. other wise be prepared to make me leave by force because a paying member being harassed for made up rules by volunteer individuals is bs. even the president says so.

(Butler County)

Robesonia Fish and Game Association!!!! Literally right over the hill from LVSA.

I was a member at LVSA for over a decade and recently I too got fed-up with the BS and left.

AND I HEARD THE RIFLE RANGE CLOSED LAST MONTH (something to do with the house methinks) I could start an entire thread dedicated just to complaining about LVSA. And for the record I DID go to a meeting and tried to make a difference.

Back when demanding of membership cards began, I was going to the range every morning (really) and the same toothless butthole asked me for my card very frequently. So I went to a meeting and suggested that they install a gate with a combination lock on it to keep non-member out. The combination gets changed every year and the numbers are on the membership.

The president looked me in the eye (amidst lots of sighs and dirty looks) and said "We don't have that kind of money." Guess what? Less than a friggin year later there is a GATE AT THE ENTRANCE. UGHHHHH THOSE PEOPLE MAKE ME IRATE!

I got into a shouting match with someone there once (something that is very uncharacteristic for me). I refused to show him my membership card because he refused to show me his. I can totally identify with you that some of those people are self-appointed police officers.

My theory is that they feel small at work and get bossed around by their wives so they come to the range and are total d**** to members who pay to shoot there. They have no respect for the people that safely patronize the club. They treat you like an invader of their private property. They're unprofessional and unfriendly. I really cannot say enough bad things about that club.

I never in a million years recommend that someone join that club.
    Last edited by paplinker22; May 15th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

(Berks County)

where is the robesonia fish and game? i tried looking for it

(Butler County)

where is the robesonia fish and game? i tried looking for it
    It's on texter mountain road. I'm not sure how you go to LVSA but just up 5 point road and turn right at the top. After about a 1 or 2 miles roughly there is a sign and its on your left.

You can't drive in bc its gated but I believe tuesday and/or thursday nights the gate is open.

(Berks County)

do they have a range? also whats the joining requirements. i usually turn on sportsman rd then take a right onto texter mt rd. so i guess it would be farther back than lvsa right?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by paplinker22 View Post
    My theory is that they feel small at work and get bossed around by their wives so they come to the range and are total d**** to members who pay to shoot there. They have no respect for the people that safely patronize the club. They treat you like an invader of their private property. They're unprofessional and unfriendly. I really cannot say enough bad things about that club.
    Bingo, you've nail it. These jerks are people who have amounted to nothing in life, they act like little dictators because they've never been a leadership position and they don't know how to lead or how to harness a leadership role to accomplish great things. In these types of clubs, the natural and proven leaders rarely, if ever, want anything to do with club politics. They too busy build a business or running other profitable ventures. The guys who always want to be club president are usually the least fit to run the club.

(Butler County)

do they have a range? also whats the joining requirements. i usually turn on sportsman rd then take a right onto texter mt rd. so i guess it would be farther back than lvsa right?
    25, 50, 100 yard range. The pistol range and rifle range are used interchangeably.

25 or 30 bucks to join, a member will have to sign for you. You're not a jerk are you? haha just kidding of course...

(Berks County)

ha. well ill join that if poss . i rarely even go to the range anymore but when i do i dont need ppl like that to be stopping me everytime. and i live about 5 min from there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast