Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question - AR's

(Bedford County)

Default Question - AR's

New to AR's. Actually I don't have one yet (but hope to soon). My brother-in-law got an M &P 15. It came with one mag and he wants to get some more 30 rounders. He's planning on ordering from cheaper that dirt. Will any AR mags work? Is there any brand to stay away from? Any brands recommended?

While I am at it I would like to get one eventually (at least before a possible ban). Since I won't have $ for a complete gun for quite a while would you folks recommend a buying a complete or stripped lower in the near future. Once I have that my thinking is that I will at least be able to by the upper and furniture (if there were ban). Back in 94 did they ban everything? Just trying to think ahead. Besides I'm thinking it might be fun building my own!

Thanks
    CM
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Question - AR's

i have ar mags that wont work for shit. there are bad ones. id recomend, (unless someone that HAs bought ctd ar mags chimes in) just getting one to check the quality. if it looks and works well, then go back and stock up!!

IF there is a ban, no one can possibly know for sure what it will entail. under the 94 awb, if you wanted to assemble an ar with the "evil" features, well.... you couldnt. IF you had the lower before the ban, AND you had all of the parts BEFORE the ban, it would still be illegal to ASSEMBLE the rifle as a pre ban rifle during the ban!!!! it was also illegal to sell parts to build preban rifles during the ban. meaning, you WOULDNT be ablt to get an upprt with a bayo lug, ect....
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    when the world does end the 2 things that will be left are cock roaches and AK's

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    i have ar mags that wont work for shit. there are bad ones. id recomend, (unless someone that HAs bought ctd ar mags chimes in) just getting one to check the quality. if it looks and works well, then go back and stock up!!

IF there is a ban, no one can possibly know for sure what it will entail. under the 94 awb, if you wanted to assemble an ar with the "evil" features, well.... you couldnt. IF you had the lower before the ban, AND you had all of the parts BEFORE the ban, it would still be illegal to ASSEMBLE the rifle as a pre ban rifle during the ban!!!! it was also illegal to sell parts to build preban rifles during the ban. meaning, you WOULDNT be ablt to get an upprt with a bayo lug, ect....
    You back on here postin' opinions again ?? .............................good job, man

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Centre County)

Brownells sells some very good AR mags. Have never had any problems. Just remember that you get what you pay for.

Get your stripped lower first, that is the parts that is considered the firearm by the BATFE. Then you can start buying (when you can) the other parts. You can have as many of the the others parts, but they won't work without a lower.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Fulton County)

44mag.com is a good place to get mags in bulk 10 plus

and you can order magpul Pmags at aimsurplus.com they will ship them for .01cent

(Allegheny County)

MagPul PMAGs
    D&H Industries USGI Aluminum

(Berks County)

C Products with the GREEN follower

Checkmate

PMag

Any USGI mags IN THE WRAPPER with the NSN number on it AND it has the green followers NSN number should be NSN 1005-00-921-5004.

stay away from any non USGI mag or any 20 round WAFFLE patter mags

if you have any doubts about the mag then get the kit from brownells that has the stainless anti tip follower and the three wire mag springs

(Berks County)

www.wideners.com

Got me 15 from there. And then up including the older M16 mag pouches troops would attach to their LBE. I can recommend C Products, MagPul, and Orlite. Other then that, really cannot say. Stay the hell away from those SA-80 mags they sell at gun shows. Complete and utter junk.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    when the world does end the 2 things that will be left are cock roaches and AK's

(Westmoreland County)

For mags...look no further than Pmag! I love them...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast