Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default UTS-15 Polymer Tactical Shotgun

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Washington County)

Default Re: UTS-15 Polymer Tactical Shotgun

I guess, no one's heard too much about it. Looks like it will be in next months American Rifleman. Made in Turkey for now I think, supposed to go on sale in the spring. That's about all I have found so far.

(Allegheny County)

It's so tall. Why - in the flippin' gosh darn frickety frack can't ONE of these just be semi-auto.

I get it. Massive ammo capacity. Bullpup. Neat. Cool. Awesome. Kel-Tec beat them to it. (If they ever get produced in any number) Someone get off their butt and make it semi-auto.

Preferably someone in America so it doesn't have to survive the scrutiny of "sporting" configuration to be imported.

(Beaver County)

This is the first I've seen or heard of it. Funny thing about this is that I was just earlier today having a conversation with my girlfriend about the KSG and whether or not other companies would produce something like it. We know how miserably Kel Tec has failed to keep up with production so we'll see if UTAS can do any better. It looks like it will accept any AR style grip which is cool. The ejection port doesn't seem to be reversable which would make it useless for a left hander shooter (which sucks because I like it!) and the KSG (even though I'll never see one at a gun shop) ejecst through the bottom. Also, I don't know how useful iron sights would be on this design considering the height of the top rail compared to the barrel. Your point of impact would be way low with a set of sights like that wouldn't it? I have an Aimtech Warhammer with Magpul MBUS sights on one of my 870s and I had to drop the front sight WAY down.

You want an autoloader? Google the SRM Arms 1216. I like that one a lot better than the UTS or the KSG. I'm going to their website now to try and find out more about it . . .
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; April 24th, 2012 at 09:40 PM.

(Beaver County)

SRM Arms 1216 price? $2400. If you've got the money, why not? It seems cool enough. I sure as hell don't have that kind of money but it's definitely a cool gun.

http://srmarms.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=7

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    SRM Arms 1216 price? $2400. If you've got the money, why not? It seems cool enough. I sure as hell don't have that kind of money but it's definitely a cool gun.

http://srmarms.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=7

That thing is pretty badass, but $2400 is just too steep.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah it is steep. I think I'll buy a S12 like I was going to - instead.

Which pretty much negates the KSG for me too. 20rd drum + semi auto = winning.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Yeah it is steep. I think I'll buy a S12 like I was going to - instead.

Which pretty much negates the KSG for me too. 20rd drum + semi auto = winning.
    20 round rum or not, the Kalashnikov design just isn't for me. I've done a lot of work on my brother's AK and it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe once the MKA1919 gets some aftermarket parts I'll get one of those. The thing that really sucks about the UTS-15 is that it's SOOOOOOO cool but why can't it be ambidextrous!? It would probably cost a lot more but the Beretta CX4 (not a shotgun but I'll use it as an example anyway) has a reversable charging handle and ejection, why couldn't UTAS design their UTS with something like that?

(Berks County)

I got a 18" heat shielded, barrel threaded, 7+1 semi auto 12 gauge with oak stocks for $200 otd.

1956 Remington 11-48 sportsman recoil operated shotty.

Stop looking to the space age and trying to spend retarded amounts of money.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I got a 18" heat shielded, barrel threaded, 7+1 semi auto 12 gauge with oak stocks for $200 otd.

1956 Remington 11-48 sportsman recoil operated shotty.

Stop looking to the space age and trying to spend retarded amounts of money.
    While I disagree with the thought, I would be VERY interested in an 11-48 for $200. I like innovative designs like this and the hypothetical KSG (that none of us will ever see). Time tested and proven weapons are great but I'd rather see a manufacturer putting out stuff like this than being one of the thousand different companies building 1911s and ARs. I DO agree though that for a pump shotgun, space age or not, they do cost a LOT. There's an auction on gunbroker for a UTS-15 and it's priced at $1200.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast