Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Stupid dangerous weekenders !

This weekend , we had some new guys up from the city. It's a very common
    thing when the weather starts getting warmer , lots of camps around.
    Most people that come here are good safe and no propblem. The geography of the land up here ,well you know where not to shoot , homes and things. I heard gun fire maybe about 5:30 , no big deal , people shoot up here all the time.
    I walk out the front door just to see if I know them or not. I walk down the driveway and notice they're shooting in an area that 150 yards is a home.
    I admit it is hard to see what's around , to many trees. I politetly told them that ain't a good direction to shoot , kinda move the target a little south,there's a house down there.
    I can see they are drinking and pretty buzzed.There shooting .06 and pistols.
    The guy says what if I don't feel like moving the target , real a-hole .Still keeping my cool cause they are drunk.I said Ok .I'll move it for you.
    He said to me that I have a "PRETTY FULL PLATE" and should get out of Dodge.
    I look at him and point to my house and said come and throw me out of dodge.
    I walk back up to the house , grab 10mm. and 12 gage and sit in the chair on my front portch. About 5 minutes later , they pack up and laeve .
    I have there plate number and I don't think they belong there at all Most people up here have a camp to hang out at and they were not parked by any.
    WTF ! Should I make a call or just let it ride ?

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Stupid dangerous weekenders !

Now that I'm calm,I should have at least made a call and see about a DUI.
    From where I.m located it would be hard to tell wich direction they were going,any of three at least , I got to work on anger managament skiils more, sometimes I don't think right.

(Beaver County)

Some people are just A$#$#$$les(drunks with guns).Sounds like you tried to handle it correctly,but let them push your buttons and lost your cool.Also sounds like you know what you have to work on in that area.

Quote (I should have at least made a call and see about a DUI.) I agree.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    This weekend , we had some new guys up from the city. It's a very common
    thing when the weather starts getting warmer , lots of camps around.
    Most people that come here are good safe and no propblem. The geography of the land up here ,well you know where not to shoot , homes and things. I heard gun fire maybe about 5:30 , no big deal , people shoot up here all the time.
    I walk out the front door just to see if I know them or not. I walk down the driveway and notice they're shooting in an area that 150 yards is a home.
    I admit it is hard to see what's around , to many trees. I politetly told them that ain't a good direction to shoot , kinda move the target a little south,there's a house down there.
    I can see they are drinking and pretty buzzed.There shooting .06 and pistols.
    The guy says what if I don't feel like moving the target , real a-hole .Still keeping my cool cause they are drunk.I said Ok .I'll move it for you.
    He said to me that I have a "PRETTY FULL PLATE" and should get out of Dodge.
    I look at him and point to my house and said come and throw me out of dodge.
    I walk back up to the house , grab 10mm. and 12 gage and sit in the chair on my front portch. About 5 minutes later , they pack up and laeve .
    I have there plate number and I don't think they belong there at all Most people up here have a camp to hang out at and they were not parked by any.
    WTF ! Should I make a call or just let it ride ?
    I can definitely understand the desire to watch them with your means of defense close by, and I don't know how your porch is set up in relation to where they were, but if things did go south did you have any reliable cover where you were sitting on the off-chance that they decided to send a few rounds your way?

(Allegheny County)

After watching Deliverance, I don't screw with the locals when I go to camp. Bad juju.

Any idea weather the jerk was the owner or a guest?

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    I can definitely understand the desire to watch them with your means of defense close by, and I don't know how your porch is set up in relation to where they were, but if things did go south did you have any reliable cover where you were sitting on the off-chance that they decided to send a few rounds your way?
    I know pretty much everybody that comes up her , like I saiid , it's a private
    road with a couple of regulars ,locals and four little get-away camps and I know them all , if not by name , by face. These guys didn't belong here I'm pretty sure .

Ironsight , as far as my vantage point , it would have been a turkey shoot.not 15 ft, from my chair is 34" oak between me and them.It would have taken a skilled sniper to get to me , they were in the open.

(Butler County)

I've seen my share of drunken campers. Sounds like they were squatters. Just helping themselves to any place they found.

(Luzerne County)

It seems like you definitely should have called the Police there. The DUI would have been a surefire way to put an end to it. Of course at the same time they would have known at that you called, and they know where you live. Did they fire off any more shots after you went back to your house?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    I've seen my share of drunken campers. Sounds like they were squatters. Just helping themselves to any place they found.
    Maybe they were just NY Preppers getting ready to live out SHTF in the woods of PA?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Seems to me you handled it pretty well, I would have had a hard time being any more civil to them than you were. Sitting in front of the computer with coffee in hand it is pretty easy to say that guns and drunks are a good reason to walk away.

Calling the LEOs would have been good, especially if they decide to show back up later. Having something on file might not be a bad idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast