Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Need help with my glock

I bought this Glock 20c approx. 6 months ago used but never fired. Ive had about 5-600 rounds through it so far. According to my local gun shop the trigger feels 10x better than any other factory glock. Upon dissembly I noticed one tab not correctly in place.

Upon further inspection I noticed with the slide locked back the firing pin is sticking out, and wouldn't recess until is was about 1/4" from being completely closed

Reset the tab

And the firing stays recessed with the slide back

After resetting that tab, I can rack the slide, dry fire the gun and it stays in place until about the 7 or 8th time then it slides back out.

Im not a fan of accidental discharges, and I occassionally carry this one. (up until i discovered this) I'd like to get some help and try to fix this myself before paying someone else to do it.

Default Re: Need help with my glock

The tab is your connector and it is supposed to engage the trigger bar that way. Its hard to see whats going on without having the pistol in hand.

(York County)

I am not a Glock expert in any sense of the word, that being said however, your connector looks fine. As for the strikers protruding out of battery, the Glock operates IIRC, with a partial preload of the striker. I think, and your pics aren't a lot to go on, that either the striker is gummed up, or more likely, that you have a broken striker spring. This would be accessible by removing the slide end plate. If your not sure what your doing, you can pull up diagrams on-line, or find someone local to help. You could also go to one of the many Glock forums for more info.

(Columbia County)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfMxEf9PfT4

Fast forward to about 3mins unless you want to here him rant nonsense.

(Montgomery County)

The pictures look normal.

on both my glocks.. With the slide locked back, the striker is exposed like your pic. If I slowly close the slide, just before it is closed, I see the striker pulled back. Both my guns work like that.

Take the gun to a glock armour, If its a local shop you've done business with before.. They prob would look at it for free. Simply restoring your faith in the gun working correctly would be worth the couple bucks.

Far as being very smooth/nice.. That happens. Some of the top glock shooters triggers are just stock glock parts. Because of the differences in tolerance/quality, some parts are smoother/better than others. The nice thing is, the more you shoot, the more worn and better the trigger may get.. Some people speed up this process and have trigger work done, via polishing and springs, etc..
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Need help with my glock

you can drop it off at mechanicsburg ordnance and i would be happy to check it out. shop # 766-9606

(Washington County)

The connector is off the trigger bar in the first pic. This is what happens when the slide is out of battery. When the slide is pulled back, the connector hits a bump out in the machined groove in the slide, and it pulls the connector off the trigger bar. If the trigger was pulled while the connector was off the trigger bar, the trigger bar would move rearward but it would not drop down (because the connector needs to guide it down) and therefore would not release the firing pin.

The thing is, I can't figure out why his connector is like that when the slide is off. I can't replicate it. I can pull the connector off the bar manually, but it won't disengage on its own.

I'm also not sure how/if this relates to his firing pin protruding from the breach face, however, my firing pin does not protrude at any time (as far as I can tell) other than when the trigger is pulled.

If it was my gun I would start by ripping the guts out of the slide and the frame to make sure everything was assembled properly, but I am not sure if the OP is confident with that undertaking. I will say, if you were to research it, you would probably be surprised how simple it really is to detail strip a Glock.

Anyway, I must say, I am stumped.

EDIT: Actually, If I hold the muzzle face down the striker will protrude from the breach face until the slide is racked and then almost re-closed. This is when the trigger bar grabs the striker and pre-cocks it, so I am confident that this aspect of the gun's operation is normal.
    Last edited by marinville; April 22nd, 2012 at 06:50 PM.

(Monroe County)

None of my Glocks work like that, G32, G17< G26, gen 3's.

Maybe its something peculiar to the G20 , take the man's offer and get it checked out at Mechanicsburg ordnance.