Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun (Was, Trop Gun Shop)

Quote Originally Posted by kp15460 View Post
    My first trop experience today didn't go very well. I picked up an ammo crate that was in the Federal 5.56 62gr of 250 rounds stacked pyramid for $99. I thought that was a fair priced item. I got home and noticed it was 2500 rounds of .22lr placed in the wrong section. I took the ammo crate back to trop 20 minutes later to exchange for 5.56. Everything was going great with no problems switching. When I lifted the crate I asked the nice lady if it was in the brass casing and she said yes, great for reloading. I told her that I don't reload and was wondering if I could just exchange it for store credit to buy the appropriate ammo in the casing. She stated stated "sorry, no".

So apparently i'm stuck with 250 rounds of 5.56 bullets and I don't reload. I could've easily gave it back to them and paid more money just for the right ammo I needed!
    kp15460-I think maybe the girl up front was mis-understanding what you were asking. The 5.56mm ammo that you got in the green ammo can is loaded ammo. The casing, after its shot, is a brass case, so you can reload it if you wanted. I'm thinking that you might have thought it was just the bullet tips, that you would have to load? Either way, please feel free to send me an email, or find me on the floor at the shop, I'll be happy to make sure we get it right for you.
    Thanks,
    Donald
    dmclean@tropgun.com

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    mm Just got back. The sale http://www.tropgun.com/ doesnt start until Wedensday but when I told the manager I wouldnt be able to stop back during that time frame he gave me sale prices today (Saturday). I dont know which is the better eye candy, the firearms or the female employees. Even the guys that were called out in the past for being rude are now personable. Its definitely my go to shop now.
    I'm glad we were able to earn back your business.

(York County)

My post was completely wrong. I apologize. I thought it was just the bullets for reloading and didn't open the crate. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you

(Lancaster County)

I've had nothing but good things to say about trop in the past year. I really wish I had bought the used 45/70 the day i saw it instead of waiting to it was gone, i may be stopping in this weekend to pick up some ammo and possibly looking to order a new .308

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by kp15460 View Post
    My post was completely wrong. I apologize. I thought it was just the bullets for reloading and didn't open the crate. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you
    No need to apologize. Just wanted to be sure we were on the same page.

(Berks County)

Went to Trop yesterday on a whim-----didnt know about the sale- what a mob scene!

But - walked away with a case each of Fed 9mm 124's and AE223-55 grains.

Think I saw four Sig 250's sold while I was there-----a good deal at $350 but must not be moving well for that discount!

(Cumberland County)

I went there Wed around 7 p.m. to get some ammo. The parking lot was full, there were about 20 people in line, and the gun counter was elbow to elbow. I didn't wait around to buy anything but I did take notice to how courteous the staff was despite the crowd. I was greeted when I came in, asked a couple times if I needed help, and even the customers seemed to be taking it all in stride with patience.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SJG26 View Post
    Went to Trop yesterday on a whim-----didnt know about the sale- what a mob scene!

But - walked away with a case each of Fed 9mm 124's and AE223-55 grains.

Think I saw four Sig 250's sold while I was there-----a good deal at $350 but must not be moving well for that discount!
    Glad you took some time to stop in. The sigs are pretty good sellers for us, but we got a special price on them, so wanted to pass some of the savings on to our customers.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnE View Post
    I went there Wed around 7 p.m. to get some ammo. The parking lot was full, there were about 20 people in line, and the gun counter was elbow to elbow. I didn't wait around to buy anything but I did take notice to how courteous the staff was despite the crowd. I was greeted when I came in, asked a couple times if I needed help, and even the customers seemed to be taking it all in stride with patience.
    We appreciate you stopping by. We are nothing with out our customers, and thankfully they are willing to cope with our building limitations. It would be nice if we had another 100ft of counter space and a couple of extra registers, but for the time being we have to make do. At times its trying. But we thank all of you for being patient with our space limitations.

(Lancaster County)

Did Trop get it's start as Tropical Treat, selling ice cream and guns on the side?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast