Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun (Was, Trop Gun Shop)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    P

You do realize you can call. I did that with my online transfer and had it same day it arrived.
    I called them every time. As soon as I got the email that it was delivered I would call. Always told the same thing. They get many guns in each day and I have to wait for them to be logged in. Then I would call around 7pm the same night and I would be told that they would call me when it is ready. I would call each day till it was ready. The longest I had to wait was 3 full days after they signed. The least was actually this time. They got it at 12:47 pm yesterday and called at 6pm tonight. Like I said before I dont mind waiting a little bit just because its so cheap. Didnt like the 2 and 3 day waits. Took just over 20 minutes to get my name called which wasnt horrible. I would like to see them get a express type lane for online pick ups and for people that know exactly what they want. Walk in buy your gun and walk out. No practice 9mm yet. They do have a nice selection of CZ handguns.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by p01shooter View Post
    I bought a CZ 75 High Polished and it was delivered to Trop today. I am hoping they call tomorrow. If not, my buddy Stan will ride me hard. He gives me crap for having guns sent to Trop. He gets his sent to Gander Mountain and he pays twice what I pay for the transfer. He does get his gun the same day they receive it. It usually takes Trop 2- 4 days to call me. Have to admit it does bug me , but for the price difference I guess its worth waiting. I hope they have some different 9mm practice ammo around. I would like to try a couple differnt brands tbrough it. I have other CZs that eat anything but you never know. I have to be careful not to say anything too bad about Trop. My buddy is not a fan and when he complains about them the guy that started this thread gets upset. I have seen others complain about Trop and he doesnt say much. He went as far as to give my buddy a bad rating or whatever it is. It was a little red circle like the green ones under our username. He gave it to him because he thought stans problems with Trop were unfounded. Thing is, I have seen many others complain about the exact same things and he didnt chime in. I buy from who ever is cheapest. Trop has cheap transfers so I use them. Cant honestly say that I use them for much more. If you take the time, guns and ammo can be bought online for a good bit cheaper.
    Have you considered Lanco tactical for transfers. About 5 minutes from Trop. Charge $28.50 and that includes $5 pics fee. And Lanco tactical if very good. I recently used for two separate transfers.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    Have you considered Lanco tactical for transfers. About 5 minutes from Trop. Charge $28.50 and that includes $5 pics fee. And Lanco tactical if very good. I recently used for two separate transfers.
    Trop is under $20. It doesn't get much cheaper than that for an FFL transfer around these parts.

(Their website lists a higher fee but that's out of date. I bought a pistol from Palmetto State Armory a couple months ago and had it shipped to Trop. I don't have the receipt handy but I recall the transfer fee being around $17.)
    Last edited by twency; July 3rd, 2015 at 08:55 AM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Trop is under $20. It doesn't get much cheaper than that for an FFL transfer around these parts.

(Their website lists a higher fee but that's out of date. I bought a pistol from Palmetto State Armory a couple months ago and had it shipped to Trop. I don't have the receipt handy but I recall the transfer fee being around $17.)
    I really like some of the people at Trop. Like many others I am not a fan of their "on the website but not in the store". But thats their business. I know quite a few people that stopped buying from them because of things like that. I have no problem buying from them I can just get stuff cheaper online. I know they price match when they can with firearms but that isnt everytime. Trops website has a SP01 CZ for 699, Kentucky Gun Co has it for 582 with free shipping. Like I said if they have it for a better price I will buy from them.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by p01shooter View Post
    I really like some of the people at Trop. Like many others I am not a fan of their "on the website but not in the store". But thats their business. I know quite a few people that stopped buying from them because of things like that. I have no problem buying from them I can just get stuff cheaper online. I know they price match when they can with firearms but that isnt everytime. Trops website has a SP01 CZ for 699, Kentucky Gun Co has it for 582 with free shipping. Like I said if they have it for a better price I will buy from them.
    A feel the same way, but I can understand the need to keep the inventories separate so that someone's not pulling an item off the shelf physically at the same moment it's being ordered online. They now offer free in-store pickup of online orders (for several things I've looked at, not sure if that's true for everything online) which at leasts reduces the annoyance of not being able to find something on the sales floor that they're selling online.

Screen shot 2015-07-04 at 1.13.11 AM.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll repeat that I'm not affiliated with Trop in any way. Just a mostly happy customer.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

I didnt know about the in store pick up. I did get a email about 9mm ammo that was for sale online only. A guy at the range had some of that and it wouldnt cycle in his M&P. It cycled in my Sigs. Super hot stuff, pretty accurate though.I was at the range today and it was funny. 3 older guys saying they are sure Trop is going under. No 9mm ammo, too many empty spots in the cases, they swear that Trop lost some kind of a contract with American Eagle and thats why they are so short on 9mm and other AE ammos.Then there was 2 young guys, one with a Trop tee shirt, arguing the other way. Trop is making spaces for a big sale, 9mm ammo is just drying up again like .22. They heard somewhere that Trop is opening a new store in York County. They really went back and forth with the Glock fiasco. When we were leaving they were arguing about which is better a Glock or a 1911. When I walked by I had to holler out that they were both wrong, CZs are the best!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post

Thanks, nice to know. While I will probably stick with Lanco, options are nice and competition like that should keep Lanco from raising its transfer fee.

(Berks County)

I've dealt with Trops for a few private transfers and ammo and range time. Great place with an awesome staff. Their stock of handguns has been light as of late, but their pricing is on par with Buds and other online retailers. The prices are good enough for me to drive almost an hour to purchase guns from them. I was able to pick up my VP9 LE for the same price as Bud's. Great place, and as soon as they get a CZ P-07 Gen 2 in stock, I will be out there to buy it.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112