So, since they started selling guns, I was very excited to go visit. I'm local to that area and have shopped there off and on for many years (back when it was an ACE). So, "new" management, new products. I'm all for supporting local business, and it's going to be great to have a gun shop literally around the corner from me.

Unfortunately, this is one local business I will not be supporting. Gun selection is VERY light and very over priced. Ammo pricing is almost double the local competitors. I understand that this is a "newer" shop so stock is low and pricing is thus a bit higher, but the attitude of the people who work here is absolutely horrendous.

I've been in there twice (for firearms related purchases). The first time I went in, it was 20 minutes before closing so I can understand their suspicion about someone coming in randomly asking about the guns. Ok. I get it. The second time I went in, it was well before closing time. Again, the same cold, curt, suspicious attitudes and sneers. This attitude is why I stopped going to that store back when they were just a hardware store.

Both times I've been in, the "guy who runs the gun counter" has been "out". No one can answer any questions and, despite one of the guys there saying "he's [the owner] really eager to get the gun business going and is willing to sell stuff close to cost just to establish the business", I have yet to receive a courtesy call back regarding a list of items I asked them to price for me. They wrote it on a big piece of paper, with my name, and number and the items and taped it to the computer. Hard to see how this can get "lost".

Sorry, as a consumer, I have many other choices and I don't need to bend over backwards so that you (the store) can do business with me. You exist for me, not the other way around.

As always, YMMV. Just my experience.

D