Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Bank of America doesn't want your dirty gun money

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...lan-drop-dead/

[UPDATE: In an email late this evening, Ryan McMillan has confirmed the validity of this story.]

When the Bank of America was founded back in 1904, no one ever thought that it would one day truly be the Bank of America. As in (partially) government owned. Just like Government Motors, Chrysler, the entire student loan industry and more, the federal government’s insatiable grasping tentacles are woven throughout one of the world’s largest commercial bank and brokerage operations. And as has always been true, if you take the king’s shilling, you’re damned well going to do his bidding. The folks at McMillan found out recently that means some kinds of business are no longer wanted . . .

From McMillan’s Facebook page via reddit:

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
    At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”
    “That is correct” he says.
    I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
    “You have to do what you must” he said.
    “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
    Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
    Kelly D. McMillan
    Director of Operations
    McMillan Group International, LLC
    623-582-9635
    1638 W Knudsen Dr
    Phoenix, Arizona 85027
    McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
    www.mcmillanusa.com

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Bank of America doesn't want your dirty gun money

While I applaud these people if it's true, I doubt very much that it'll make much of a difference. If BofA starts to falter yet again, they'll just go to the government for more taxpayer funds because they're just too big to fail.

Remember those days just a few years ago when companies were allowed to fail?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    While I applaud these people if it's true, I doubt very much that it'll make much of a difference. If BofA starts to falter yet again, they'll just go to the government for more taxpayer funds because they're just too big to fail.

Remember those days just a few years ago when companies were allowed to fail?
    Depressing and true.

My mortgage was sold to Bank of America. Not really sure what I can do about that... if I refinance it'll probably just get sold to them again

(Delaware County)

My mortage was also sold to them. I have a few guns does that mean I don't have to pay them? Maybe then can sell my note to a bank with better customer service.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lackawanna County)

No business can fail. Its just the big business all those crooked politicians are in bed with cant. That would mean they'd lose some of the fortune they've made on all their crooked dealings over the years.

I don't care BofA, Never had. To many Solider's I've served with over the years have been royally screwed by BofA. Not a good company to do business with in any aspect in my opinion.

CL

I just didnt like the fact that they take advantage of you anyway they can. When I had their credit card it seemed like they had a lot of hidden fees to deal with. Got rid of them years ago.
    [SIGPIC]

I'd pull my money....every little bit counts folks.

I have had some dealings with BOA and let me say, I'd bury my $ in coffee cans before I would EVER bank there.

They are crooks and stupid to boot.

They are unfamiliar with inherited IRA law and give advice that would cost you a fortune.

I freakin' despise them
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Westmoreland County)

Is there any way for those of us with mortgages that have been sold to them to voice our displeasure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast