(Jefferson County)

Thumbs up DSD Sports - Brookville PA

DSD Sports
    328 B West Main St
    Brookville, PA 15825
    (814) 715-7098

Mon-Sat 9am to 9pm
    Sun - 10am to 6pm

They haven't been open a real long time yet, and their selection is limited for now. They are working on building inventory.

So far I have purchased (3) guns in the past 2 months from them.

The staff are very personable and polite. Prices for their guns are about par for a small gun shop in BFE PA.

My first purchase was my Beretta 92FS and Davis .32acp derringer at the same time. ...went smooth and the clerk was great to chitchat with while PICS took their sweet time.

My second purchase was just this past Monday. They called me up Saturday and told me that they had one of the items on my "wanted list" that I dropped off during my first purchase. The clerk from my prior purchase was there and remembered me. ..asked how I liked my prior purchases. He, the clerk that handled me this time, and I BS'd for quite a while.

Even though I'm a long time shopper at LB Toney's in DuBois - I'll continue to give DSD Sports some of my business because of their staff and the effort they took to get me an item on my wishlist.

Most of their guns are hunting oriented. They do have (1) AR on the rack though. They have a couple Glocks, HiPoints, Taurus revolvers, and some Ruger revolvers and semiautos.

Holster selection is pretty much the nylon and kydex stuff only. Reloading section is small too. But they told me they are trying to build up. ..which I did notice an increase from the last time I was in.

Check them out if you're in the area.
    Last edited by knight0334; October 17th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Elk County)

Default Re: DSD Sports - Brookville PA

I went there two weeks ago, Very Friendly and Easy to Deal with...........

Clyde

(Jefferson County)

Thumbs up Re: DSD Sports - Brookville PA

They continue to get more stuff in and the people are helpful/friendly. I bought a pistol elsewhere about they time they were getting going. Had a warranty issue and they agreed to process and send it in for me. Picked it up yesterday and was charged $0! I fully expected to pay for shipping and a FFL use fee. That's top notch customer service and earns my next firearm purchase.

(Jefferson County)

FYI - if you need to do a handgun transfer. private handgun transfers are $15 + sales tax = $15.90 at DSD Sports.

Not bad compared to many other places.
    Last edited by knight0334; August 29th, 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typo
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Clarion County)

Picked up some primers at $30/thousand. Beat everyone else around by a few bucks.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Jefferson County)

Smile Re: DSD Sports - Brookville PA

Do you have an indoor shooting range? I just bought a TAURUS 380 and it's been forever since I shot a pistol and was looking for a good indoor range, If you don't have one, what is the closest one to Punxy that I can shoot this gun at? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks Bunches.
    Pam
    Last edited by pjbeers; December 4th, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by pjbeers View Post
    Do you have an indoor shooting range? I just bought a TAURUS 380 and it's been forever since I shot a pistol and was looking for a good indoor range, If you don't have one, what is the closest one to Punxy that I can shoot this gun at? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks Bunches.
    Pam
    The only indoor range for centerfire guns for 60-100 miles is in DuBois. You have to be a member, and you have to qualify with a 22 to use larger guns. That range is limited to standard cartridges(no magnums).

You are probably best off joining a sportsmans club that has their own range(most likely outdoors). A few have indoor .22 ranges.

(Jefferson County)

Just an update..

DSD Sports has moved to a new location at 328 B West Main St. Beside car wash across from the Forest Way Inn.

(Indiana County)

I stopped in here Friday, this is my third or fourth time so I will give my review for what it's worth.

Nice clean shop, IMO this shows the owner/s have some pride in their store.

When you walk in you get a "Hi, How you doing?" but no pushy salesman questions.

Good selection of reloading supplies, especially in a market that is still a bit tight. They had a couple boxes of 140grn 6.5's which I bought one of for a very reasonable retail price.

Plenty of powder, the prices I noticed seemed to be only about $2/3 over online vendors, and with online you have HazMat to deal with and pay for.

Their selection of new guns is quite diverse but not that large.
    I don't mean this is a negative way.
    What I'm seeing on their shelves are a few of this and a few of that.
    If you need/want a .22 rifle, they probably have something that will fit your bill without having too much.
    Need a rifle for hunting deer? They have enough on the shelves that you should find something that will work.
    Same goes for handguns, not a huge selection, but the basics are well represented.
    They seem to be a Glock stocking dealer and have at least a dozen in their case.

They were pretty well stocked on ammo and the prices were quite fair for a retail shop.

So to recap, I noticed plenty of holsters, ammo, very good selection of powders and primers, flashlights, some AR stuff and friendly enough staff that didn't seem bothered that I stopped to look around.

And to be honest that's all I did, stop to look around, but the decent attitude caused me to open my wallet for $40 in sales.

IMO, it's worth stopping in particularly if you need powder and primers.

(Clarion County)

Thanks for the report. Rode over and scored a few pounds of powder today. No bullseye or unique but they have quite a stash of HP38, blue dot, some 296, various Alliant and IMR rifle powders and a coupe cans of Red dot. Good selection of primers.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast