Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Magazine disposal

Drill 2 holes, run a chain through 'em, and put them on eBay as new " urban assault bling ". They'll sell in no time, and you'll get enough green to buy new ones.
    Bam! Remember to send me my cut.

I must have very high quality mags, because I still have a couple of originals for 40ish y.o. guns that, one in particular, have been fired a lot. I don't think I've ever had a mag just crap out and quit working.

Other than that, I really like Bigandy's idea but no way in hell I'm repeating it.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Montgomery County)

I would be concerned with the recycling/trash haulers learning that you have guns. If they find them and call the police, so what. I would be more worried about having my house robbed. Giving the wrong people clues that you may have guns isn't worth the risk. I wouldn't put anything gun related in the trash or recycling. And I would go one step further and not have any gun related mail delivered to me.

Like others said, here it would be in the scrap metal drum waiting to be traded in for cash. (After all the reuseable flat sections are cut off and saved for other projects. )

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tractorfarmer View Post
    I would be concerned with the recycling/trash haulers learning that you have guns. If they find them and call the police, so what. I would be more worried about having my house robbed. Giving the wrong people clues that you may have guns isn't worth the risk. I wouldn't put anything gun related in the trash or recycling. And I would go one step further and not have any gun related mail delivered to me.

Like others said, here it would be in the scrap metal drum waiting to be traded in for cash. (After all the reuseable flat sections are cut off and saved for other projects. )

In my neck of the woods it would be much harder to find a house that did not have guns. I can not think of anyone around us that do not have guns. I know someone that has never shot a gun but has 3 of them. They were handed down to him by his family.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

If they're preban, I know some folks in "ban states" that would be happy to rehab them. Your trash, our treasure. Support the shooters behind the iron curtain!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    In my neck of the woods it would be much harder to find a house that did not have guns. I can not think of anyone around us that do not have guns. I know someone that has never shot a gun but has 3 of them. They were handed down to him by his family.
    I wish I lived where you are. The more populated parts of SE PA are opposite.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
    If they're preban, I know some folks in "ban states" that would be happy to rehab them. Your trash, our treasure. Support the shooters behind the iron curtain!!!
    Lalallaa
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I miss some of those folks.....

If you think this is an issue, you may have a paranoia complex.

Who thinks the recycling guys are looking through every recycling bin at every recycled thing in there????
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast