Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Surrounded by Pittsburgh Police. Recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I believe PAMedic is referring to the part where one has 15 days to provide the paperwork to have a citation for failure to carry voided. The spirit of the law was to allow someone who forgot their wallet/paperwork time to provide it. It was not intended to play games with the police during a legal stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    From your previous post, you stated something as if it were part of the statute, and didn't give a specific circumstance, like forgetting your wallet the day you got pulled over.

[/qoute]

There are lots of reasons not to carry it, I wasn't planning on running them down.

Given today's tech, the fact that they have magnetic strips on them, especially with nothing secure like the chip on a credit card, makes them targets for a ID thief. IT would be wise for all of us not to carry anything like that. the LTCF that we all have would be the most secure ID - we probably all should let the other ones locked up at home. I don't, but we are all compliment in our ID protection. Another perfectly valid reason was so that not all your ID is lost at one time and you have trouble getting the others replaced.

When I lost my wallet (which I then found in my driveway) I had to drive all the way to Carlisle Barracks to fill out a police report. I happened to have a passport, so I had valid ID, but even so the idiot gate guards at the war college did not want to let me on post because "you have to have a civilian drivers license." After a ridiculous about of time I got them to call the post police, and they told the guard to let me on, because I was going to have to go to the police station FIRST in order to fill out a police report to be able to get a replacement military ID.

The guards just could not get it in their head that it was more important for me to report a lost sensitive item then it was for me to obtain a replacement driver's license that I had several days to produce, on the off chance I committed a law violation & had the bad luck to be in front of a cop at the time. Given that experince alone, and the fact that we are not at a higher security alert, IF I was smart, I would not carry my driver's license.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Actually the Tow Drivers from the PPA, who handle the Live Stops, are decent workers. We get better service from them than Police Tow.

Regarding Traffic Court, it has always been a Kangaroo Court in my opinion. It was so bad that it got outside judges who were sent down to help out, caught up in its shenanigans. I have no problem with its operations transferred to Municipal Court.

Good to know, it well impact my vote then. Down with traffic court.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; January 22nd, 2016 at 07:15 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Good to know, it well impact my vote then. Down with traffic court.
    I read in the paper today about pa's constitution is being amended. Judges dont have to retire at 70, now its 75.
    And there is something in there about philly traffic court.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    How so?

I'm being serious.
    You are required to identify yourself while you are driving by presenting your "papers". The police are not under any legal obligation to go out of their way to assist you in this endeavor if you believe that all you have to do is "Identify yourself and not provide papers".

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223