Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Surrounded by Pittsburgh Police. Recorded.

Well yesterday was certainly an exciting day. Venitor and myself went down to Pittsburgh with some friends of ours to possibly watch the Pens game on the big screen outside, and to meet up with a friend we hadn't seen in a while. We walked around town, and had a few positive encounters. We made our way down to the Consol Center, where we had a friendly conversation with a Consol security guard outside the gate. He told us that we wouldn't be able to go into the lawn to watch the game while armed. We told him that it wasn't a problem. NOTHING else was said about it. About ten minutes later, while standing on the sidewalk corner next to the road in front of the Center, we were approached by the first female Officer. I missed about a minute of the beginning of the conversation. Basically, she asked if we were LEO, and upon discovering we weren't, her panties wadded horribly.

About 3 minutes into talking with her, we had been surrounded by ten police officers, with possibly more that were unseen. Traffic was shut down in front of Consol, and they even called in the Dogs. The following is our conversation:

Since when are sidewalks that run next to main roads private property? How is one sidewalk private property, while the one on the other side of the road is public? Bullshit, I say.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; April 14th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Surrounded by Pittsburgh Police. Recorded.

"Have some respect for the law..." Sounds like they weren't respecting the law.

I respect the police and what they do, but they need to respect us as well.

+1 for this encounter and I only wish there was video.

Amazing how the female officer was ready to damn near shoot you, and then when you stood up to her she eventually backed down.
    Last edited by bigdawgbeav; April 14th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Mercer County)

I am very pleased that we finally got this up on the forum for everyone to listen to. I defenitely had not expected an encounter like this one. This was one hell of an experience and was glad that I was a part of it. I would say that at least two hundred people were observing us and the police and I noticed that a large number were actually recording it on their smart phones. I was very impressed with sprrdhawk44 and how he conducted himself during the encounter.

We were approached by about a dozen or so pedestrians afterward and they were impressed at how we handled the situation and told us they loved that we stood up for our rights and theirs. I was more pleased that the pedestrians understood what their rights were.

Wow. Well done!

I wonder why sudden change in tone from the chick? She was yelling and demanding, even threatening to take you "in for ID," then it sounded like she disappeared for a bit while you spoke to a male, then she came back all "friendly" and said you were free to go.

They used the same lines...., "You should conceal," "people get scared," blah blah blah as if people being afraid is a right that trumps your 2nd, or something.

Well done again.

Justin
    Last edited by Justin///M; April 14th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Cumberland County)

Be glad it wasn't Philly . You would have been proned out at gun point and called Junior and every swear word in the book. LOL
    By the way good job representing OC.
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Wow. Well done!

I wonder why sudden change in tone from the chick? She was yelling and demanding, then it sounded like she disappeared for a bit while you spoke to a male, then she came back all "friendly" and said you were free to go.

They used the same lines...., "You should conceal," "people get scared," blah blah blah as if people being afraid is a right that trumps your 2nd, or something.

Well done again.

Justin
    There were actually three female officers in the recording. The first was a dick. She was the first officer to confront us and told us we were gonna be taken downtown. She identified herself at the end. The second wasn't very friendly either. She was the one who repeated that we should have respect for the police. The last female officer is the one who told us that we would be seeing them every twenty minutes and eventually told us we were free to go.
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

(Butler County)

Excellent! I have not yet OC'd in the city, but I look forward to it
    H&K USP Compact 9mm//SA XD-9//SA XDs 45//S&W 442

(Northampton County)

What a bunch of scumbags.

Congratuations, Pittsburgh, my "respect for the police" just slid a little further.

Quote Originally Posted by Venitor View Post
    There were actually three female officers in the recording. The first was a dick. She was the first officer to confront us and told us we were gonna be taken downtown. She identified herself at the end. The second wasn't very friendly either. She was the one who repeated that we should have respect for the police. The last female officer is the one who told us that we would be seeing them every twenty minutes and eventually told us we were free to go.
    Ah gotcha, thanks!

Again, well done! I bet you guys were shitting bricks for a few minutes! LOL

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Ah gotcha, thanks!

Again, well done! I bet you guys were shitting bricks for a few minutes! LOL

Justin
    Thanks again. We were a quite nervous but the most intimidating thing about the whole encounter were the frickin' dogs. They pulled the K-9 car right up to the curb and when the dogs started barking I said a little prayer. LOL
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast