Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Heart stopping encounter last night

last night i was at walmart on 191 with my wife around 10pm. while we were waiting in line to pay and older gentleman and his wife came up behind us. i turn and nod to them and turned around. out of habit when there are people behind me i rest my elbow on my gun. about a min or two later i felt a lift on my shirt and i immediately place my hand on my gun pushing it down as i spun around. she was startled like deers in the headlights. she looked at me and said i'm sorry i was just showing my husband that you had a gun on you i was like ma'am you could of just ask me, i have no problem with letting anyone know what i carry, heck i carry openly everyday it is just that my shirt falls over and cover it half way tonight. she and her husband was still saying that they are sorry. at that point.. i smile and said it is no big deal (kinda was, because they could of gotten hurt if i decided to turn around and swing at who ever it was that i think is going for my gun) i told them that it is kind of dangerous to reach near someones gun because the person don't know your intention and it could end up bad.. they say that they were sorry again. and i told them it was ok. the whole time the cashier and my wife was standing there in awe. we got our stuff paid for it and i turn and told them to have a great night and left... i feel really bad that i scared them but they scared the shit out of me. the whole ride home my wife was like what the hell just happened i feel like i was being punked...lol

Default Re: Heart stopping encounter last night

Wow, what would make someone think they could touch a total stranger? Gun or no gun.

(Venango County)

No common sense, I guess.

I think most people know not to touch people you don't know in the first place; but someone with a gun who might be an officer or someone with good SA and reaction to a gun grab....

I am curious, was it really obvious or do you suspect they were being light fingered and trying something? I would rather believe people are up to no good, than being that stupid, I guess!

I am glad it was not a situation for your sake. Did you get a spike of adrenalin?
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusPT140 View Post
    last night i was at walmart on 191 with my wife around 10pm. while we were waiting in line to pay and older gentleman and his wife came up behind us. i turn and nod to them and turned around. out of habit when there are people behind me i rest my elbow on my gun. about a min or two later i felt a lift on my shirt and i immediately place my hand on my gun pushing it down as i spun around. she was startled like deers in the headlights. she looked at me and said i'm sorry i was just showing my husband that you had a gun on you i was like ma'am you could of just ask me, i have no problem with letting anyone know what i carry, heck i carry openly everyday it is just that my shirt falls over and cover it half way tonight. she and her husband was still saying that they are sorry. at that point.. i smile and said it is no big deal (kinda was, because they could of gotten hurt if i decided to turn around and swing at who ever it was that i think is going for my gun) i told them that it is kind of dangerous to reach near someones gun because the person don't know your intention and it could end up bad.. they say that they were sorry again. and i told them it was ok. the whole time the cashier and my wife was standing there in awe. we got our stuff paid for it and i turn and told them to have a great night and left... i feel really bad that i scared them but they scared the shit out of me. the whole ride home my wife was like what the hell just happened i feel like i was being punked...lol
    Sounds like you handled the best out of what I'm sure was initially a hair raising situation that has got others hurt (reaching near or for someone else’s pistol). The woman probably wasn't 'thinking' about what she was doing and you emphasized the gravity of what she had done by your initial response, and then let it go by being somewhat polite. I think under these circumstances I could not have handled it better myself. Hopefully this woman learned her lesson. +1 rep

Good thing you didn't respond with deadly force like the other thread recently talked about. You handled it very well sir. Rep sent.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Allegheny County)

WOW!

How stupid can you be to reach near another persons gun without asking them? I wouldn't do it to someone I knew much less a complete stranger. That couple are lucky they didn't get hurt doing something that foolish.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Montgomery County)

Nice job with the whole situation.

Do you carry a retention knife on your support side?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusPT140 View Post
    i feel really bad that i scared them but they scared the shit out of me. the whole ride home my wife was like what the hell just happened i feel like i was being punked...lol
    Don't feel bad that you scared them. There's no situation short of you having a medical emergency where it would be acceptable for someone to lift your shirt and expose or attempt to access your weapon.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Tioga County)

Stupid people. She's lucky she still has her teeth.

I gotta spread some love before I give you more rep.
    MikeP

(Delaware County)

Holy crap, man. Good thing you didn't react with a spinning elbow or something.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast