Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Thumbs up Top Shot on The History Channel in limbo?

I've been a huge fan of Top Shot since it started a few years ago and I'm sure many of you have seen the show. It's now in its 4th season and according to the host, Colby Donaldson's Twitter, the show is jeopardy of not being renewed for another season.

I was pretty disappointed to hear that since it is a fun show and unlike most of the reality shows out there, so I thought I'd spread the word. I believe it aires Tuesdays at 10pm... if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend checking it out!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Top Shot on The History Channel in limbo?

I'm not going to get up in arms about one tweet. But ill be bummed if there is no season 5.

(Lawrence County)

I stopped watching it I think last year when all the military guys ganged up on the Asian gentleman and threw him into every challenge until he was eliminated. That was bullshit, they were all pissed off because he had only been shooting for a short while and was kicking all their asses. The episode where he lost the challenge was the last one I watched.

(Allegheny County)

This season had very little drama and no alliances. The teams for the most part went off of performance. There was one competitor on the blue side who was cocky, not a team player, and pissing everyone off and was chosen for elimination and was beaten narrowly.

Since season two teams are not picked my captains. There is some kind of early competition that decides what the teams will be. I don't think the producers liked the alliance from Season 2 any more than the viewers.

(Washington County)

Part way into the 2nd season, the wife and I lost interest. Too much soap opera, not enough range time. If I wanted drama and shooting, I would sit on here more often

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    This season had very little drama and no alliances.
    What about the whiner "Littlejohn" and his bandana alliance? He got told by one brit to knock it the fuck off. I'll be happy to see that butthead go. I was sorry to see the last girl go this past week.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Butler County)

I'm glad she got sent home - the only reason she lasted this long was because she sat out of the previous weeks challenge (imo).

Also wasn't looking forward to any more screen time of her budding relationship..
    H&K USP Compact 9mm//SA XD-9//SA XDs 45//S&W 442

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What about the whiner "Littlejohn" and his bandana alliance? He got told by one brit to knock it the fuck off. I'll be happy to see that butthead go. I was sorry to see the last girl go this past week.
    Compared to the alliance of Season 2 and the douchebag that quit in season three there was not as much drama. Littlejohn had some weird personality quirks but I think William had the largest ego, and that lead to some serious tension.

I can't critically comment on season one as I only saw about 1/3 of the episodes. But from what I remember the drama was not as bad as 2 and 3.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarr View Post
    I'm glad she got sent home - the only reason she lasted this long was because she sat out of the previous weeks challenge (imo).

Also wasn't looking forward to any more screen time of her budding relationship..
    You have to admit it was fitting that her admirer was the one to send her home

I like the show in general but as has been said, it would be much more enjoyable with less drama. I haven't been keeping up with this season, just catch an episode here and there if I am still awake and have nothing better to do. The whole contest thing is OK to keep up with, but my main interest lies in the guns they get to shoot and some of the challenges are just too damn cool. Seriously, who wouldn't want to take a crack at a 1,500 yd. shot?!?

Also, I agree with QuackXP regarding the William/Greg(I think) drama, although I did not see the earlier episodes, what they showed in the last episode made William out to be the "issue" and the whack job on last season that went rogue, hated everyone and slept outside only to end up quitting was a total douche.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    You have to admit it was fitting that her admirer was the one to send her home

I like the show in general but as has been said, it would be much more enjoyable with less drama. I haven't been keeping up with this season, just catch an episode here and there if I am still awake and have nothing better to do. The whole contest thing is OK to keep up with, but my main interest lies in the guns they get to shoot and some of the challenges are just too damn cool. Seriously, who wouldn't want to take a crack at a 1,500 yd. shot?!?

Also, I agree with QuackXP regarding the William/Greg(I think) drama, although I did not see the earlier episodes, what they showed in the last episode made William out to be the "issue" and the whack job on last season that went rogue, hated everyone and slept outside only to end up quitting was a total douche.
    I think Greg summed William up well. When he said something like "we are all confident in our abilities, but William took it a step further to cocky." But I think Greg is not far behind, he has pulled it out int he shoot-off's but he has choked before. After that I really think its a five horse race.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast