Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gun Gallery / Stony Creek range re-opening ?

"Exceptions: law enforcement and legal concealed carry permit holders are to keep their loaded firearm holstered until on the firing line."

Where do I get one of these?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86 View Post
    "Exceptions: law enforcement and legal concealed carry permit holders are to keep their loaded firearm holstered until on the firing line."

Where do I get one of these?
    I think we know what he meant.
    Johnnie F.

(Berks County)

Has anyone been to this range? How is it? Lighting, AC, etc. Looking for a good local range, and this seems like it might do the trick. For those interested in rental guns or firearm purchases at Sensibly Armed, this is the response I received on 5/14/12:

" We do not currently have rental guns available. We are waiting for our FFL license. It is looking like Aug. for gun sales and rental. Range is now open on weekends. "

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nyckid211 View Post
    Has anyone been to this range? How is it? Lighting, AC, etc. Looking for a good local range, and this seems like it might do the trick.
    The owner has added some additional lighting to the range and some new ducting for the ventilation system, so that the fresh air comes in behind you in the shooting position and is sucked downrange. He also just added a new unit on the roof to air condition the range.

Why don't you just stop by yourself this weekend? $25.00 to join, (includes one hour of range time) and $15 per hour after that.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by xotech View Post
    Why don't you just stop by yourself this weekend? $25.00 to join, (includes one hour of range time) and $15 per hour after that.
    I intend to, just wanted to make sure there weren't any negative aspects that might ruin my time there.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Why not? What's their story?
    This is going to go back about 15 years. The Fishers were bizarre, to say the least, and they got more erratic as time went on. They used to print religious crap all over the targets they sold as well as the signs outside. I remember being in there, for the last time, and their kid (about 4 at the time) was sitting on a little bucket and sorting spent brass with the speed of a Vegas blackjack dealer. By the time I stopped going there it was clear that they stayed in business by making straw purchases their specialty. Guns they sold were turning up at crime scenes in record number. Their stock was always old, rusty, moldy, or over priced. The indoor range was always occupied by people who looked like they were just released from BCP, complete with sideways shooting and all. Not to mention that it was like shooting in a dark musty lead air filled alley.

I wish the new operators well and hope they can shake the sigma of two failed shops which went before them and the filthy felonious people who looked to that building, when it was run by the Fishers, as an easy place to get a gun when they knew they were prohibited. I hope they start winter IDPA, Bullseye, or bowling pin shoots - something to bring in a better class of pistol shooter.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=188729
    http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=184456
    There is more out there on UJS about Jay Fisher
    http://readingeagle.com/blog.aspx?bi...he-Gun-Gallery

I used to shoot there when it was cold and the weather was crappy. Then I came to my senses and stayed the heck away from the Fishers, the bizarre behavior, and criminal clientele. I don't think I've shot indoors in a least 12 or 13 years.

(Berks County)

I stopped by yesterday and had a good time. I spoke for a good while with who I believe was the owner. He's really down to earth. They plan on having more hours and days. My only problem with the place is that as soon as I got to my lane, my eye protection fogged up. In there defense, I do run hot, and maybe I should invest in my own anti-fog glasses. They have alot of big things they are planning that I think will really grab alot of people's attention as far as competitions and zombie shootouts. If we can support them, I see good things ahead for this place.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfritz View Post
    There's no aircon in that range. I was in there last June or July for about seven seconds. So I don't know what the plans are but let's hope it involves some HVAC upgrades.
    5 ton AC unit installed and running! Nice white paint...upgraded lighting...come check us out!

(Berks County)

I agree with you....but this is ancient history, it will NEVER be like that again. The most important thing that most people will and have agreed on is that it would be a shame to lose an indoor range. Come and check us out, we dont look anything like the way it was when you described it.

Quote Originally Posted by kommando View Post
    This is going to go back about 15 years. The Fishers were bizarre, to say the least, and they got more erratic as time went on. They used to print religious crap all over the targets they sold as well as the signs outside. I remember being in there, for the last time, and their kid (about 4 at the time) was sitting on a little bucket and sorting spent brass with the speed of a Vegas blackjack dealer. By the time I stopped going there it was clear that they stayed in business by making straw purchases their specialty. Guns they sold were turning up at crime scenes in record number. Their stock was always old, rusty, moldy, or over priced. The indoor range was always occupied by people who looked like they were just released from BCP, complete with sideways shooting and all. Not to mention that it was like shooting in a dark musty lead air filled alley.

I wish the new operators well and hope they can shake the sigma of two failed shops which went before them and the filthy felonious people who looked to that building, when it was run by the Fishers, as an easy place to get a gun when they knew they were prohibited. I hope they start winter IDPA, Bullseye, or bowling pin shoots - something to bring in a better class of pistol shooter.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=188729
    http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=184456
    There is more out there on UJS about Jay Fisher
    http://readingeagle.com/blog.aspx?bi...he-Gun-Gallery

I used to shoot there when it was cold and the weather was crappy. Then I came to my senses and stayed the heck away from the Fishers, the bizarre behavior, and criminal clientele. I don't think I've shot indoors in a least 12 or 13 years.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SensiblyArmed View Post
    5 ton AC unit installed and running! Nice white paint...upgraded lighting...come check us out!
    Be stopping in this weekend. Great news!

I get my car washed at the CW right next to the Mickey D's every Saturday morning so I'll be in the neighborhood.
    Johnnie F.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast