Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Exclamation Help please I need advice

Hello everyone.

To start off I have an issue and need help. So I had a gun license and I had it for a while. So I had purchased a 40sw. Had an incident where my sister called the cops and made a report and I was arrested. So I went to court and and beat the charges and got my gun back. I didint kno they suspended my license for that.ok so they gave me my gun back. I was living in a friends home for a while and her house got raided and the cops took my gun away and said that I was involbed (and I wasnt) so they kept the 40. Ok so I moved. I tried to get it back and the cop said ill never see it again. So time passes and I thaught I had my license so I purchased a 380 from the store. Everything went good. had it for a while. One day my cousin decided to sell me his legal 9mm and I purchased it. Went to the store and transfered it.it went good payed for everything. I had lost the card to carry in a burglary so that day I went to the sherrifs office for a duplicate. They told me that it had been revoked but I got it reinstated that day and they gave me ithe card and as far as I knew I was back legal. So a week passes and I got stopped by the police. They said my 9 wasnt registered and they thaught I stole it. And they said my license was revoked(mind u I went and got it back) so I sat in jail for three weeks untill it was done. So everything came back in my favor but in court they revoked my license again. So my question is how do I get my guns back I miss them and I did nothing wrong which I feel was ilegal. Thanks for reading this and if u got any advice let me know and ill get back to u as soon as possible

Thanks america for hearing me out ill get back to ur answers as soon as I can

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Help please I need advice

Paragraphs and spell checkers are your friends.

Let's see. You don't need a license to buy a gun, only to carry one.

There is no registration in Pennsylvania. Unless they have a report of that gun being stolen, the presumption is that it belongs to whomever has it.

Unless you were convicted of a crime, they have no reason to keep your 40. Standard cop trick 975, "tell him he can't have his gun back so Jim on the third shift can keep it."

My advice would be to talk to a lawyer but before you do that, spend some time and put your story together in a coherent manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavybaby570 View Post
    . . . . They told me that it had been revoked but I got it reinstated that day and they gave me ithe card and as far as I knew I was back legal. . . . .
    This part confused the Hell out of me, I think you must have misstated the facts and sequence here. Revocation requires a certified letter to your last known address. Expiration at the end of the 5 years happens automatically. Reinstatement for revocations doesn't happen at the counter in the Sheriff's office, but renewal of an expired license might.

As for getting the gun back, if they have no basis for keeping it I've been successful in getting them back with a phone call, about half the time. If that doesn't work, you need to draft, file & serve a petition for return of property.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavybaby570 View Post
    ... if u got any advice let me know and ill get back to u as soon as possible

Thanks america for hearing me out ill get back to ur answers as soon as I can
    My advice to you would be to send GunLawyer001 a private message with your phone number. Perhaps you could set something up with him that would help you out.

It never hurts to ask!
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

SO GET O F F THE GUY'S Dmn back for grammar already!! YOU GENIUS. He's legit, and caught up in the system. It's too bad that we can't have a say by voting for police officers to continue in power. Coherence is a matter of wanting to understand, as opposed to wanting to "down" the poster in an attempt to vaunt yourself (sic) over the guy who wants help. BTW, good "i" on lawyering up. And give the OP a break..
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LongOneShortOne View Post
    SO GET O F F THE GUY'S Dmn back for grammar already!!
    I have an easier time understanding my Italian tailor than I did that guy's disjointed story.

Coherence is a matter of wanting to understand
    Coherence is an obligation of the sender not the receiver.

coherent (ko-hîr´ent, -hèr´-) adjective
    1. Sticking together; cohering.
    2. Marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts: a coherent essay.

(Luzerne County)

Well it got revoked for a terroristic threat but that got dissmised. Where do I file for the petition and is its ok to talk to u on the phone?
    Last edited by Wavybaby570; April 11th, 2012 at 03:10 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Odds are you will need a lawyer.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    I have an easier time understanding my Italian tailor than I did that guy's disjointed story.

Coherence is an obligation of the sender not the receiver.

coherent (ko-hîr´ent, -hèr´-) adjective
    1. Sticking together; cohering.
    2. Marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts: a coherent essay.
    If this is that much of a hardship to you I would suggest that you stop reading the thread when you realize the grammar is not up to your snuff and move to another thread. Someone is always willing to help with out becoming an English teacher.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    Paragraphs and spell checkers are your friends.
    I don't think that they are actually. I think grammar had a meeting and decided that this guy isn't a friend. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by LongOneShortOne View Post
    SO GET O F F THE GUY'S Dmn back for grammar already!! YOU GENIUS. He's legit, and caught up in the system. It's too bad that we can't have a say by voting for police officers to continue in power. Coherence is a matter of wanting to understand, as opposed to wanting to "down" the poster in an attempt to vaunt yourself (sic) over the guy who wants help. BTW, good "i" on lawyering up. And give the OP a break..
    Um, no. We couldn't understand what he was saying because it was unreadable. Your retort is also unreadable. Congrats on defending illiteracy with more illiteracy. Pretty sure a wormhole just opened up somewhere.

OP - some advice for you. Stop hanging around dumb people doing dumb things, and try not to do dumb things yourself. And before you get all bent out of shape about me judging you, I can count the amount of times I was in a house that was raided by the police and had my possessions snatched up on ZERO hands. Know why? Because I don't hang out with drug dealers. Or drug users. Or in their houses. Feel free to replace "drug" up there with any other dumb shit illegal activity you prefer and the point will stay the same.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast