Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Bucks County Fish and Game?

Im looking for some current members of BCFG to tell me about the club. I tried asking some questions via e-mail but the Club just told me to come to a General Meeting. I work at night so I can't really come to a meeting. I hear that you have to come to a meeting to join. If that is the case, why do they only have 1 meeting a month? I can't come to this months meeting to I guess I have to wait 2 months to go shooting. I heard that you can come as a guest of a member for a small fee. If this is true I would love to go shooting with some current members. If you are a member and wouldn't mind someone coming with let me know. Thanks.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks County Fish and Game?

A little rule update that may sway folks. I was at the BCF&G general meeting last night and where they passed a change that eliminates having to re-pay the full initiation if you let your membership lapse. There will now be just a nominal ($20.00) reinstatement fee. That'll apply to people who lapsed as far back as 2009, or earlier if they can produce an old membership card.

A down-side to the place is that the gun range distances are fixed; no movable target stands. Shortest pistol range is 9 yards. Next distance is
    25 yards. The same is true of the rifle ranges. Also, no rim-fire rifles or air-rifles are allowed on the pistol range.

(Montgomery County)

From what I understand, memberships start on January 1, but for new members, it's possible to join towards the end of the year and have it count towards the next year as well (i.e. pay in September 2012, get the rest of the year and 2013). Does anyone know when the period starts?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
    From what I understand, memberships start on January 1, but for new members, it's possible to join towards the end of the year and have it count towards the next year as well (i.e. pay in September 2012, get the rest of the year and 2013). Does anyone know when the period starts?
    I wanna say September 1st, but email the membership email address for confirmation. He's very responsive.

Oh, BTW, they're also getting rid of the "no guests in November" rule.

I stopped worrying about the initiation fee and all once I found out that BCFG is essentially running a trust for Bucks County shooters on leased county land (extended to 2044). Particularly once I saw all of the generous help the give to youth and LEO, it was clear that it's worthy of financial support. And once you pay the initial "nut" you're talking about like 80 bucks a year for unlimited range time.

My sons have been going to the Friday night .22 sessions (indoor) and they've been very friendly!!!

Unfortunately you can't join except on the 4th Thursday of every month and they're not accepting memberships on 3/28 (I think because of Good Friday).

Anyway, I'll be joining on 4/25.

BTW, the rule about airsoft guns is because they use some sort of backer board (I forget the name) but BBs will ricochet off the boards. Makes sense to me.

Halfway between Here and There, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Member here...my experience has been basically very positive...meetings I've attended have been VERY well attended, with alot of good information shared both about the club itself and about current legislative activities...ongoing CMP shooting program...all in all + experience for me.

Agreed! I was just at the last one (4th Thursday of April) and proudly received my new family membership cards.