Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Who made Wal-Mart the ammo Police?

Ok,
    Here’s the thing, I go to Wal-Mart today to buy some .22 ammo to shoot out of my S&W 22a. The goofball behind the counter asks me is this ammo to shoot out of a pistol or a rifle? I say what’s it matter? The goofball tells me that you have to be 21yo to buy it for a hand gun, but you can buy it for a rifle if your 18. WTF I’m 51 years old! SO being the smartass that I am I told him it’s for a suppressed fully automatic sub machine gun in .22 You should have seen the look on his face he didn’t know what to do. And again asked me if it was a rifle or handgun? I said it’s both, again stumped! And told him its none of his business what I was gonna use it for. He told me it’s the LAW and I had to answer his question. This is about when the manager walks over and asks if there is a problem, WELL I said you bet! I told him that all I wanted to do was buy some .22 ammo and this goofball wants to know what gun I’m gonna use this ammo in so the retarded manager says, well what gun will you be using. At this point I’m about ready to go off the deep end. So I look the retarded manager in the eye and tell him I’m going to shove it up my ass and dance at the next full moon. Well I don’t know what the retarded manager said to the goofball but he rang up my 700 rounds of automatch and both of them gave me a real strange look as I walked out. I really hate Wal-Mart!

Default Re: Who made Wal-Mart the ammo Police?

So don't shop there?
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Chester County)

Wow, that's really odd, I didn't you could fit anymore than 500 rounds up a human asshole.

I have never been asked this at a WalMart, I wonder if its a "New Policy".

(Lehigh County)

I was gonna bring enough for everyone (grin)

(Lancaster County)

This is not new by any stretch of the imagination. Just most of the time the clerks there enter something into the POS without actually bothering to ask anyone. The last few times I've bought ammo at Walmart, I haven't been asked age or if it was for rifle or pistol.

Their POS prompts for those questions, that is all.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Elk County)

They have been asking that question for years at my local walmarts. The computer prompts them and it will not continue without an answer. I just always tell them it is for a rifle, they never question it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bolewine View Post
    Ok,
    Here’s the thing, I go to Wal-Mart today to buy some .22 ammo to shoot out of my S&W 22a. The goofball behind the counter asks me is this ammo to shoot out of a pistol or a rifle? I say what’s it matter? The goofball tells me that you have to be 21yo to buy it for a hand gun, but you can buy it for a rifle if your 18. WTF I’m 51 years old! SO being the smartass that I am I told him it’s for a suppressed fully automatic sub machine gun in .22 You should have seen the look on his face he didn’t know what to do. And again asked me if it was a rifle or handgun? I said it’s both, again stumped! And told him its none of his business what I was gonna use it for. He told me it’s the LAW and I had to answer his question. This is about when the manager walks over and asks if there is a problem, WELL I said you bet! I told him that all I wanted to do was buy some .22 ammo and this goofball wants to know what gun I’m gonna use this ammo in so the retarded manager says, well what gun will you be using. At this point I’m about ready to go off the deep end. So I look the retarded manager in the eye and tell him I’m going to shove it up my ass and dance at the next full moon. Well I don’t know what the retarded manager said to the goofball but he rang up my 700 rounds of automatch and both of them gave me a real strange look as I walked out. I really hate Wal-Mart!

the GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968 and the politicians who voted it in is who.. obviously, this is not new, being for `1968 and all...FFLs are required by law to ask this...some do, some dont.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

You would think a fortune 500 company would train their "associates" better than that. If the person looks over 30 it doesn't make any difference what firearm it's used for. Most liquor stores use this policy.

Quote Originally Posted by bolewine View Post
    Ok,
    I believe you when you say that they gave you a strange look. I really do.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Tell them you're going to put them in a vice and hit them with a hammer and nail.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast