Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County District Attorney Admits Defeat

This classic is from the ACSL legislative report for Feb 08 read the whole report here.

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/n-le...ee_reports.htm

Allegheny County District Attorney Admits Defeat

Just this past week a startling series of events culminated in the Allegheny County District Attorney, Stephen Zappala, vowing to retake Allegheny County from the criminals and the gangs who are perpetuating in perpetrating indiscriminate shooting throughout certain communities. This is the very same District Attorney who continues to lobby for more gun control that would place restrictions on law-abiding citizens when at the same time the record is clear that his office does not impose the current laws against the criminal element that he is obviously from his statements lost the ability to control in Allegheny County.

The remarkable series of events that we have witnessed this week has seen authorities sit down with known gang members to work out some sort of compromise thereby legitimizing their existence. It is incomprehensible that we will as a society and not deal with terrorists and yet somehow we can reach out to violent criminally motivated gangs to seek some sort of peaceful resolution to the violence that they instigate. Several years ago the violent crime with guns was examined in Allegheny County by a task force of local state and federal authorities and they were able to determine that roughly 150 individuals were responsible for the vast majority of violent gun crime in this county. Yet there is no documentation that any substantial effort was made to determine why these individuals were still on the street and what was being done to control their activities since it is obvious that they are very effective at navigating the revolving door justice system we have done at the courthouse.

Logic and common sense beg the questionthat if it is wrong for parents to allow a child access to a firearm that is it not also wrong for a District Attorney to allow criminals access to us when he does not apply the laws that currently exist and seek their strict and strident enforcement?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Allegheny County District Attorney Admits Defeat

Zappala is a zonk.

He "ascended" to D.A. not through the political process but through the former D.A.'s retirement and nepotism IIRC.

I heard him say on the news during coverage of the slaying of the 12 year old girl that the county did not have a "gang problem" but that it was just "gang" type activity and there were no organized gangs in the city or county.

People get the government they deserve.

(Allegheny County)

My wife and I were shocked and pissed the other night, when we heard the news reporting that they(law enforcement officials)had sat down and "negotiated" with these gang members.

I pretty sure they said they were pleased to announce that an agreement had been made by the gangs to "reduce the level of violence".

No shit. I'm not making this up. They were HAPPY to report that the gangs would REDUCE the violence... not stop the violence... REDUCE it.

WTF?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

When are they gonna learn?? Laws dont stop crimes, they only provide justifiable punishments for those who do something against the will of the people.

The only thing to stop crime is to kill the criminals. Dead people cant hold up gas stations.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I reflect a similar opinion of th DA's Office and leader as posted by TonyF, but to the defense of some of there very worthy assistant DA's, the ones that actually battle it out in the court rooms, several gun cases were brought to the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas right after the mandatory five year sentence for firearm violations was made into law. Two of the current Common Pleas Judges made the statement that if the ADA's attempt to force the mandatories, the Judges would simply find the person guilty of a lesser charge.

I was there, I saw it with my own eyes.
    No signature required.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt7546 View Post
    I reflect a similar opinion of th DA's Office and leader as posted by TonyF, but to the defense of some of there very worthy assistant DA's, the ones that actually battle it out in the court rooms, several gun cases were brought to the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas right after the mandatory five year sentence for firearm violations was made into law. Two of the current Common Pleas Judges made the statement that if the ADA's attempt to force the mandatories, the Judges would simply find the person guilty of a lesser charge.

I was there, I saw it with my own eyes.
    We get the judges we deserve too.

(Venango County)

I guess, unfortunately, this proves the premise of the 2A works.

Oh the irony.

(Allegheny County)

Unhappy Re: Allegheny County District Attorney Admits Defeat

I would not be surprised to see them offer the Gangs a little seed money, share of the gambeling revenue, part of the 7% sales tax, or maybe they can put a 10% bullet tax to fund the gangs????