Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Trayvon Martin -- John Lott's take on it...

The comments on this story are sure igniting a firestorm...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...-guns/#content

"Democrats want to make gun control an issue in the upcoming November elections. With Obama telling gun control proponents last year to be patient, that he was pushing gun control “under the radar,” it was probably always destined to be an issue. But the shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman in Florida has opened up an opportunity for Democrats to more openly embrace it."

"A lot of people (both conservatives and liberals) are going to end up being embarrassed by their instant, snap judgments about this case.
    The focus on a single case to evaluate laws that have been in effect for years in over 40 states is troubling enough. But right now it looks as if the rush to reform is based on nothing more than bad reporting."

(York County)

Default Re: Trayvon Martin -- John Lott's take on it...

The left has never found a tragady that they did not like.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................to spin and explote to their own politcal ends.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Allegheny County)

This whole situation stinks to high hell.

Anyone (with common sense) looking to spin something into a media firestorm for their cause... would take two sniffs of this one and walk away. If you're left, the kid's a loser. When the truth comes out about him not being the choir boy they are trying to portray him as... a whole bunch of people are going to end up with shit on their hands.

If you're right. Zimmerman is an assclown who forgot rule #1. You cannot chase someone, start an altercation, and then shoot them in self defense. Common sense dictates YOU as the aggressor. Even if the situation ended up warranting the use of a firearm in self defense. A quick IQ check would have made you consider nearly any other course of action - would have been more appropriate.

Both sides should have let this one stay in anonymity.

And I think the anti-gun / left has just become so bold that they can spin anything their way. They just expect you to fall for the "think of the children" bullshit. Every time.
    Last edited by Asmodeus6; April 4th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

(Montgomery County)

This case is the example of why I dont buy new papers anymore. I would like for a news to be reported factual instead of opinionated.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Bucks County)

IMO if people usually don't stop stressing how innocent someone is/was they're usually not telling the whole picture...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    If you're right. Zimmerman is an assclown who forgot rule #1. You cannot chase someone, start an altercation, and then shoot them in self defense.
    IF. There's some indication that that's not an accurate description of what happened.

I don't know. I refuse to either indict or exonerate Zimmerman based on the many conflicting reports I've seen and heard.

I think the best thing we in the 2A world can do is urge caution and restraint while the incident continues to be investigated.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Things have been too quiet for sharpton and the people of his ilk. Finally he located a camera he could jump in front of.