Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Loud noise during shower...

So, usually, when my GF isn't around, and I'm heading to the shower, I lock the doors, turn on the outdoor lights - of course, the security cameras are always functioning. Typically, I take a sidearm with me, as one can never forget the lessons learned at the Bates Motel. (I don't like surprises...) This time - last night - no weapon.

Halfway through the shower, I hear a LOUD banging - startles me a bit, because it sounds like it's downstairs. I get out of the shower, dripping wet - shower is still running, of course - and grab a semi-automatic rifle from a secure upstairs location. Slam a mag, fire-ready - I head downstairs with a towel wrapped around me, M4/556 in my hands.

Quietly patrol the house - it's a big old farmhouse with lots of little rooms. No intruder, no noise, nothing on the cameras...hmmm. Head scratcher.

So, I go back upstairs, put the rifle away, grab a sidearm and back into the shower to finish. Ten seconds later: bang, bang, bang, bang. It really sounds like someone is caving in my door. I grab the wet but useable Eagle, start out of the shower, and hear the banging again. This time, though, it seems MUCH closer...

I turn around, and the damn shower nozzle is bouncing off of the back brush, causing a muffled banging sound. You should have (or not!) seen me: weapon at the ready, gonna protect my self and my home from the big, bad...shower brush.

No moral to the story, and I was really reluctant to share a such dopey event like this, but...hope you had a laugh at my expense. (I sure as hell did!)

How many others have done the same, or nearly the same thing? (We know I'm not alone...) Got something dopey to share?
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Loud noise during shower...

Have you tried decaf.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

You would have felt even stupider if you ignored loud banging sounds and found yourself naked and tied to a chair by home invaders, who taunted you by asking "didn't you hear us breaking in? Man, I told Jean Luc* 'you makin' too much noise man, somebody's home, I can hear the shower' but you didn't do nuthin...so here we are. Hey, can you make a noise like a pig?"

*As we all know, most home invaders are French.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Have you tried decaf.
    Here's what I'm thinkin'...instead of spittin' a mouthful of coffee every time I read a GREAT gag line from one of you guys, I'm gonna pour the coffee on my desk, and just plain enjoy the ride. Thanks for the laugh!

(Lancaster County)

Why didn't you check your surveillance cameras to see if there was actually anyone at your entry points?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why didn't you check your surveillance cameras to see if there was actually anyone at your entry points?
    Yep...gotta install surveillance monitors in the shower. GF will be proud. Terrific.

(Dauphin County)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee60 View Post
    Yep...gotta install surveillance monitors in the shower. GF will be proud. Terrific.
    I didn't say that, but you ran to get a firearm, was there somewhere you could have checked the cameras as well?

You know there's a fairly simple way to have your surveillance cameras display on every TV set in your home?

It's also fairly simple to watch surveillance cameras on a Tablet or on a PC. There's lots of options if you just apply yourself.
    Last edited by streaker69; April 3rd, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee60 View Post
    no, you install the cameras in the shower, not the monitors.

duh.

(Berks County)

Glad to hear I'm a PAFOA success story...coolio - and thanks!

Actually, Streaker, just outside the bathroom is a wall mounted gun rack. I have cameras everywhere, and all TVs DO show the images - and my smartphone, PCs, it's broadcast over my intranet and outside to the interweb over a secure IP and login screen.

HOWEVER, it felt like I should sweep, rather than turn on a TV, have the light from it cause visibility, lower my night vision, etc...just one scenario was all I had to choose from.

All your ideas are good ones, and they are all at my fingertips...just thought the sweep would be the most proactive with the least amount of time given to possible intruders.

Who knows? Maybe next time, I'll shower at the GF's.

Besides - I was hoping to hear about OTHER people doing dopey stuff...I'm already an expert at that...how 'bout YOU (all)?
    Last edited by Cherokee60; April 3rd, 2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add content.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast