Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Cabelas encounter

There was a double rabbit show a few miles from the Cabelas in Hamburg today so between shows myself and girlfriend decided to go there. We walked in, both of us oc'ing, and had nobody said anything. We went straight back to the ammo section to look for snap caps so she could practice loading and trigger pull, almost right away we where aproached by an employee.

Him: that has to be concealed, does she have a permit for it?
    Me: Open carry is legal and no license is needed (she has ltcf)
    Him: In the store? (as his tone changes and sounds mad)
    Me: Yes
    Him: I am surprised you got past the door
    Me: Your corporate policy says it's ok

He starts to walking away and I say " Are you telling us we have to leave"
    He didn't stop walking and said "I never said that!"

I saw him walking towards another employee so I walked past and all I heard was the other employee say " as long as it stays holstered"

Since nobody said to leave we walked around for a while and and I could see the employee avoid us when we walked close to him. I was expecting him to come tell me that he was wrong but that never happened

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Cabelas encounter

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    There was a double rabbit show a few miles from the Cabelas in Hamburg today so between shows myself and girlfriend decided to go there. We walked in, both of us oc'ing, and had nobody said anything. We went straight back to the ammo section to look for snap caps so she could practice loading and trigger pull, almost right away we where aproached by an employee.

Him: that has to be concealed, does she have a permit for it?
    Me: Open carry is legal and no license is needed (she has ltcf)
    Him: In the store? (as his tone changes and sounds mad)
    Me: Yes
    Him: I am surprised you got past the door
    Me: Your corporate policy says it's ok

He starts to walking away and I say " Are you telling us we have to leave"
    He didn't stop walking and said "I never said that!"

I saw him walking towards another employee so I walked past and all I heard was the other employee say " as long as it stays holstered"

Since nobody said to leave we walked around for a while and and I could see the employee avoid us when we walked close to him. I was expecting him to come tell me that he was wrong but that never happened
    Was today his first day on the job? I've seen more OC at Cabelas than all other gun shops I've ever been to combined. Even though I've only been to Cabelas about 10 times.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Was today his first day on the job? I've seen more OC at Cabelas than all other gun shops I've ever been to combined. Even though I've only been to Cabelas about 10 times.
    I don't know how long he worked there but he was not a young guy, maybe in his mid 50's. I know that if I was new to a job I would ask a supervisor befor I aproached a customer and if I did and then found out I was wrong for doing it I would appologize to the customer

(Delaware County)

I would've put $5,000 worth of stuff on the counter and right before I swiped my credit card told a manager he just lost the sale and why

but I'm just a dick sometimes. Lol

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    I would've put $5,000 worth of stuff on the counter and right before I swiped my credit card told a manager he just lost the sale and why

Sometimes?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    and if I did and then found out I was wrong for doing it I would appologize to the customer

I agree and would have tracked him down to collect my apology.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Yeah jon but at least when your a dick its entertaining and imaginative! Lol
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

(York County)

I was limited on the time I had before I had to be back to the show. The time I was thrown out of walmart by a department manager I literally was taking the money out of my wallet to pay when she told me I had to leave right away and couldn't complete my purchase

I am not sure if I should call/email Cabelas or ust let it go since the employee hopefully learned something

(Northampton County)

I know this is just hypothetical joking around, but people realy need to calm the F down and start acting like Gentlemen.

Screwing people around and insulting them just pisses people off and limits your options. There are situations were this might be required, but this is not one of them. If you want to make a point, Man-up and say it. And back it up. Oh, not as easy as being a dick, is it?

Trying to F with people to annoy them is just a sign that you lack both honorable intentions and any sort of commitment.

You can always be a decent person first and decide to be an asshole later. You can never do the reverse.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I know this is just hypothetical joking around, but people realy need to calm the F down and start acting like Gentlemen.

Screwing people around and insulting them just pisses people off and limits your options. There are situations were this might be required, but this is not one of them. If you want to make a point, Man-up and say it. And back it up. Oh, not as easy as being a dick, is it?

Trying to F with people to annoy them is just a sign that you lack both honorable intentions and any sort of commitment.

You can always be a decent person first and decide to be an asshole later. You can never do the reverse.
    "hypothetical"? Not on my end. I've done and would do it again if treated with bad service. Conversely, I tip people 100% of the bill for providing me great service.

What "makes a point" better to a retail store that exists solely on the manner their employees treat their customers and how their gross sales (PnL) looks at the end of every day/week/quarter?

I'll tell you.... SALES

Nothing "makes a point" better to a retail store than "demonstrating" to them "visually" the sale they thought they had... and then it disappearing into thin air right in front of them.

You don't have to be a dick about it, hell have a smile on your face, but let's be clear... you are the customer and they are providing a service/product.
    The power is in your hands and the burden on them to produce, sell and support a good product (not just tangible, but also their people).

I refuse to give my business to a store with disrespectful, untrained employees. Its a fucking GUN STORE. You'd think DAY 1 training would cover things like corporate policy on the carry of firearms
    Last edited by BimmerJon; March 31st, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast