Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Question about filling out the ATF C&R application

I'm considering applying for a C&R license and I just have a question about filling out the form for anyone else who has done it.

On the ATF page with form 7CR (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/at...16-notice.html) it mentions that "applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable."

Does this mean that I must fill out the Certification of Compliance if I am an individual and the only person on the application or does it only get filled out if there are additional responsible persons on my application for those responsible persons (of which there are none since it's just me)?

Default Re: Question about filling out the ATF C&R application

Only you, one person, is the 03 FFL, ergo I would include one copy.

It's a nonsensical form that ATF seems to require with everything, Form 1, Form 4, etc . . .
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Bucks County)

TMK you fill that out only IF you are a store front and are going to have a sales force ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    TMK you fill that out only IF you are a store front and are going to have a sales force ....
    I had to send it per Form 1 and Form 4 instructions.

03 FFL is a collector, not a 01/storefront.

C&R by definition may not be a business AFAIK.

Fill it out per the instruction, mail it in.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I'm considering applying for a C&R license and I just have a question about filling out the form for anyone else who has done it.

On the ATF page with form 7CR (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/at...16-notice.html) it mentions that "applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable."

Does this mean that I must fill out the Certification of Compliance if I am an individual and the only person on the application or does it only get filled out if there are additional responsible persons on my application for those responsible persons (of which there are none since it's just me)?
    Additional Responsible Person, excluding (or in addition to you). In other words, yours goes along without saying. Send it or you will get your app returned and it will take longer. The license is worth it.
    Politicians who fear the people seek to disarm them.

People who fear their government's intentions refuse to be disarmed.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah, I figured it couldn't hurt to send it in with the application even if it wasn't needed for just me.

Yeah, I figured it couldn't hurt to send it in with the application even if it wasn't needed for just me.
    ATF seems to need that for everything now. I don't remember sending it on my first two Tax Stamps, but certainly after that, it was required for everything.

(Montgomery County)

Ok, I have a few more questions hopefully someone can asnwer:

1. On the application it mentions that the copy has to go to the local Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) which can be a local police chief or sheriff. Does it matter which one really? The reason I ask is because I'm also waiting for my local police check card to get filled out to take to the sheriff for a LTCF. Yes, I live in Montgomery county and, yes, it's illegal. There's a whole different thread about that in the Montco forum that I seem to have accidentally started. So should I bring the CLEO copy of the application to the local PD when I pick up my check card or should I bring it to the sheriff's office when I go for my LTCF?

2. I've heard mention of a "bound book" in reference to a regular FFL. I get the basic concept: to keep track of your purchases and sales for your business. I figured that was only needed for a regular FFL but I recently heard someone mention it in regard to a C&R FFL, I assume to keep track of what you've purchased under the C&R FFL. If I send in the application to the BATFE and it gets approved will I receive instructions from them regarding the keeping of a bound book record?

Thanks all.

(Northumberland County)

I filled my C&R out right before thanksgiving last year and still haven't received mine

They were real quick to cash my check though!

Ok, I have a few more questions hopefully someone can asnwer:

1. On the application it mentions that the copy has to go to the local Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) which can be a local police chief or sheriff. Does it matter which one really? The reason I ask is because I'm also waiting for my local police check card to get filled out to take to the sheriff for a LTCF. Yes, I live in Montgomery county and, yes, it's illegal. There's a whole different thread about that in the Montco forum that I seem to have accidentally started. So should I bring the CLEO copy of the application to the local PD when I pick up my check card or should I bring it to the sheriff's office when I go for my LTCF?
    ATF has directed that you take it to whatever law enforcement agency has the closest direct jurisdiction over you. So if you live in a town, it would be the local PD, if you're in the county, it would be the sheriff (or county PD if applicable, as in Delaware). Truthfully, though, I don't think it matters a whole lot. The ATF doesn't really check out the references, although they do instruct the CLEO to inform them if they know of something amiss with your record.

2. I've heard mention of a "bound book" in reference to a regular FFL. I get the basic concept: to keep track of your purchases and sales for your business. I figured that was only needed for a regular FFL but I recently heard someone mention it in regard to a C&R FFL, I assume to keep track of what you've purchased under the C&R FFL. If I send in the application to the BATFE and it gets approved will I receive instructions from them regarding the keeping of a bound book record?

Thanks all.
    Yes, they will give you instructions on what information to record and how it has to be arranged. You can also do an internet search for C&R bound book and come up with tons of hits on how to do it (including templates if that floats your boat).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast