Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default First Real Open Carry

I'm not really a fan of open carry but just for the hell of it I decided to give it a whirl when we went over to the beef house in IN for supper. It's a somewhat ritzy resturaunt so we were dressed up and I open carried the Glock 36 with just a little fobus holster.
    Nobody batted an eye other than there was one guy when walking up to the salad bar that kind of climpsed and then smirked a bit but I'm not really even sure if he was acknowledging the side arm. Frankly I think they've been carrying in IN for so long that nobody really gives a hoot.
    I really don't think I'll do it again though, it just feels like you have a big neon sign over your head screaming "look I'm carrying a gun!" I will say though it is liberating and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable.

Default Re: First Real Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    I'm not really a fan of open carry but just for the hell of it I decided to give it a whirl when we went over to the beef house in IN for supper. It's a somewhat ritzy resturaunt so we were dressed up and I open carried the Glock 36 with just a little fobus holster.
    Nobody batted an eye other than there was one guy when walking up to the salad bar that kind of climpsed and then smirked a bit but I'm not really even sure if he was acknowledging the side arm. Frankly I think they've been carrying in IN for so long that nobody really gives a hoot.
    I really don't think I'll do it again though, it just feels like you have a big neon sign over your head screaming "look I'm carrying a gun!" I will say though it is liberating and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable.
    Maybe he thought you were cute

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    The more you do it the smaller the sign gets until it disappears.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(York County)

After a couple years you won't even think of it. Been ocing for 4 years now. No longer do I wonder if they seen my gun. Or are the police on the way. Just go about my day using situational awareness.

I had that same sign when I first started CC. It went away shortly. Then when I started OC the sign came back, but now its pretty much gone. But if you don't like OC then just keep doing what you were before. At least you tried it right?
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Some times I do think that other peoples situation awareness is so low that they just simply don't even notice. I also think that a lot of people who would notice would just assume you're leo.

(Venango County)

Hi Drylok,

I am curious as I am unfamiliar with your laws. Does Illinois and Indiana have reciprocity and I take it Indiana is an OC state? I know Chicago is very anti but don't know about the rest of the state.

I am assuming from your post you are from IL and currently live there.

If you have this information already posted then please post a link to it. I am always curious about other state laws.

Thanks.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lancaster County)

It is a hell of a lot more comfortable! Especially in warmer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Hi Drylok,

I am curious as I am unfamiliar with your laws. Does Illinois and Indiana have reciprocity and I take it Indiana is an OC state? I know Chicago is very anti but don't know about the rest of the state.

I am assuming from your post you are from IL and currently live there.

If you have this information already posted then please post a link to it. I am always curious about other state laws.

Thanks.
    Illinois doesn't issue carry permits/licenses. They're now the only state that doesn't. Indiana is an OC state, but you need a carry permit/license to do so. Without any license/permit, you are breaking the law in Indiana by OCing.

"Big Gay Al" Lowe
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    South Park Fan