Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Positive Mailman Encounter

The mailman has made a few jokes over the last few months in reference to my OC. "Nothing but bills today, don't shoot me!" He's a good guy. I had to sign for a package today and he engaged me in a more serious conversation about OC. He said he checked last night and had let his LTCF expire. He was thinking of OC. I told him its a great idea however, he should renew the LTCF in order to drive with it etc, and of course he couldn't carry while working. I then jokingly stated the obvious, "we don't need ya goin postal!" We talked further, I gave him a flyer I downloaded from PAFOA and told him to check out the website. All in all, a very positive encounter.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Positive Mailman Encounter

Kinda funny, I had a conversation with my mailman a couple months ago about oc also. He saw me oc quite a few times and one day told me he carries when not working but is not comfortable with ocing himself. We discussed it for a few mintues and I gave him my take on it. We spoke on the subject a few weeks later and he has oced a few times since.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

sorry to throw off topic but "mailman" reminded me. i had to go to the post office yesterday to sign for a certified letter from my sons vagina donor and was on the sidewalk out front finishing a smoke turned to start heading in and heard a horn beep twice real quick, turned back around at the bottom of the steps but still on the sidewalk. there at the redlight out front was a local leo ponting and waggin his finger like "no no no". i looked at him kinda dumb founded and he gestured down, i started to look down and realized what he was pointing at. was kinda running on cruise control and the post office didnt even cross my mind and forgot about the s/s 1911 hanging off me oc at 4 o clock. i gave him a thumbs up and wiped my forehead to gesture "whew close call" went back to the truck and dropped roscoe off and then into the post office for a 30 second transaction. came out expecting to see the man somewhere around, but nope went back to the truck holstered up and sat there and waited for a few minutes to see if he would come back so i could thank him, he never came back and i must say that no cop has done me any good until this day but this dude saved my ass and was professional enough to know the law and just let it go without being a prick about it. im done thats my story sorry for hijacking your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    sorry to throw off topic but "mailman" reminded me. i had to go to the post office yesterday to sign for a certified letter from my sons vagina donor and was on the sidewalk out front finishing a smoke turned to start heading in and heard a horn beep twice real quick, turned back around at the bottom of the steps but still on the sidewalk. there at the redlight out front was a local leo ponting and waggin his finger like "no no no". i looked at him kinda dumb founded and he gestured down, i started to look down and realized what he was pointing at. was kinda running on cruise control and the post office didnt even cross my mind and forgot about the s/s 1911 hanging off me oc at 4 o clock. i gave him a thumbs up and wiped my forehead to gesture "whew close call" went back to the truck and dropped roscoe off and then into the post office for a 30 second transaction. came out expecting to see the man somewhere around, but nope went back to the truck holstered up and sat there and waited for a few minutes to see if he would come back so i could thank him, he never came back and i must say that no cop has done me any good until this day but this dude saved my ass and was professional enough to know the law and just let it go without being a prick about it. im done thats my story sorry for hijacking your thread.
    Am I missing something?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Vagina Donor = Ex-Wife that only had 1 real good use in the relationship.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Thanks for clearing that up.

(Lancaster County)

Nate that's a cop I would buy a cup of coffee. Cool

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Vagina Donor = Ex-Wife that only had 1 real good use in the relationship.
    correct to the "t",worthless turd is still costing me 6 years after i got rid of it

Nate that's a cop I would buy a cup of coffee. Cool

dude i wish i coulda done that or a doughnut anyway, dunkins about a mile down the street but he never came back. if i see him again im going to at the very least say thanx a bunch. still contemplating whether or not i should call the pd and give him praise or not, dont know how superiors would feel in this instance and certainly dont want the guy getting any shit over it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    Very cool!!

(Bucks County)

Maybe i should have open carried when I confronted my mailman about leaving my mailbox open when it had mail in it. After the 3rd time i confronted him about it and he was nothing but condescending towards me. Then he started driving on my grass to deliver the mail, i had to confront him again. Just like the first time i talked with him, he was a jerk off towards me. I then called the post office to complain to his boss. His boss was semi helpful but kind of defended him to a point. Since I have been out of work I would watch when he delivered my mail. He started using the delivery rules to his advantage and wouldnt deliver if my empty trash can was any where near the mail box. He even wrote a comment on a letter saying the mailbox was blocked. I have lived here for 10 years and never had an issue with my mailman, until this guy got the route and right away I had issues. I park a truck near my mailbox, but far enough back to make it accessible, even going as far as talking with my original mailman about the parking of my truck and making sure it was back enough where he didnt have to get out of the truck. The mailman said it was ok. Along comes the new mailman and the issues I described above start. This started six months ago. I now have a new mailman. I think others must have complained since he is no longer on the route!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast