Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default honestly, I think the young women do dig OC

Well at least some in SYC do. I was at the Rite Aid pharmacy in Shrewsbury and a 20 something lady who has been working there awhile and is very friendly and always like to talk, saw me as I was starting to leave and said "hi". She looked bored or something, and I've been gabby lately, so I stopped and went over and we started talking. First she notices my coyote bone necklace with the antler/coyote claws at the bottom and asks about it. I tell her all about it, including the dead coyote itself. She was like " wow, we have coyotes here?". Oh yeah we do, and some get to 50 pounds. She was like ahhhh. I explained that attacks on people by them are rare and in the least carry a big walking stick and wack them on the snout real good should one act strangely, as that it is possibly rabid, get away from it and call the cops ( they will show up faster than the PGC) about an aggressive coyote at such and such.

So we go from coyotes to " what is your fur hat made of? After explaining muskrats to her she asks if I hunt, and I reply yes I do, and trap too. She asks if I kill baby deer, and so I explain to her about when deer have fawns and how fawns are big by deer season and no longer need their mother to survive. She asks if anyone else in my family hunts- "no, just me, I hunt, trap, and I like guns". OHHH she asks "have you been to [insert local big gun store name here]? I say, "yes, but they don't like open carry". Her- "whats open carry?" UH OH, can of worms was just opened up! I assume most people in that area know of open carry, as it's been in the York paper and local Fox news before on a bunch of occasions. Also no one seems to give a diddly about a group of OCers being in the area, or stonewallrabbitry who does it all the time.

Ok, so open carry is now the topic. Don't ever ask me what open carry is unless you want OCD talk mode and etc. She doesn't seem to understand my words in trying to explain it ( she is asking too many questions and too fast) so I ask her if she would like me to show her LOL. Yeah! So I take off my cover garment while telling her this is totally legal in PA. I never touch the gun. She is kind of like "ohhhh", but I can tell she is getting excited. No fear, no "OMG a gun!". I explain CC vs OC, carry lisc LTCF stuff, how MD still sucks, etc. She asks " is it on safety". She never asks " why do you have that gun on you?", or " why do you carry it?", " are you trained?" or " is it loaded". She must not be a total newb. Obviously she sees that carrying an unloaded gun might be stupid.

Ok, now for the best part! She pauses and says " I LIKE IT!" I swear it was like she was having a mini orgasm or something. I was pretty excited too. No, she didn't make a pass at me ( that I could pick up on anyway- I suck at that), and I have no idea if she is a lesbian or not. However, I bet she would go bananas if a hot looking guy off of PAFOA went in there OCing and she notices it. Or if she is a lesbian, some muscle woman walked in OCing. I'm kinda fat and lumpy. Whatever... but I think she was turned on by the gun anyway.

Well I did educate another person about OC, and it was certainly a positive encounter. I know this writing makes both of us sound immature and her esp like she is a teen, but I think she is much more mature than that, and certainly not an airhead, just uninformed about coyotes, deer hunting, and open carry. I am certainly not immature, but I do get rather silly at times, but always a safe silly.

This was a really weird experience though...and she will probably tell the other people who work there about it. Her boss is a really nice lady who has always liked me. They will probably all treat it like some interesting novelty. That seems to be the way most folks are in that area.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Berks County)

Default Re: honestly, I think the young women do dig OC

LOL That's awesome, I wish you a whole lotta luck with her!

I open carried today and no strapping young bloke talked to me.. sigh.. maybe I'll next time
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

Was she hot?

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

She wants you........ seriously......
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Dauphin County)

maybe she wants to touch your glock

(Monroe County)

"I don't always Open Carry

But when I do, I do it for the boobies."
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Ha, I assume you're female? Good encounter and thanks for taking the time to educate her, it sounds like you both had fun....I think every female should carry a gun..."reclaim their liberty", so to speak....that message is best conveyed female-on-female.

Great story!

It should really be over in the "Why Open Carry" thread.

Why OC. . . . . 'coz 39% of the time it ends with getting laid!

Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Great story!

It should really be over in the "Why Open Carry" thread.

Why OC. . . . . 'coz 39% of the time it ends with getting laid!

No wonder some guys carry 2 guns at a time
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunGirl610 View Post
    No wonder some guys carry 2 guns at a time
    After this, I might up my count from 2, to 3 lol.

Good to see more and more people being educated. Hell, you should have struck a pose for her, maybe written down your number on a magazine, handed to her and said "Hey, make sure you bring this back to me, I'll be sure to make breakfast. . "
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast