Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Penn Hills gun owner fights new charges

A Penn Hills gun collector just beginning probation was told by his probation officer that he had a week to get rid of 165 guns, the man's attorney said on Monday. But an hour later, officers came to confiscate his collection, leading to a new batch of charges against Charles Rullo, 54, his lawyer said.
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_788474.html#

Don't know the background here, but if anyone else does, please do fill in the blanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Penn Hills gun owner fights new charges

Sounds like his PO was trying to cut the guy a break. Somehow his superiors must've found out and said no way. I feel for the guy but they make it pretty clear that you can't have any weapons while on probation. Supposedly a compound bow or hunting knife is prohibited as well.

(Lancaster County)

I thought it was said here before that a person on probation can be within a home that has guns as long as they have no access to them. So all he would have had to do is have his wife change the combination to the safe to satisfy that requirement.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I thought it was said here before that a person on probation can be within a home that has guns as long as they have no access to them. So all he would have had to do is have his wife change the combination to the safe to satisfy that requirement.
    I was told by a PO they weren't allowed any sort of weapons, even if owned by a spouse. However, in the same breath I was told how much of their job was done from the hip, without digging too far into regs., because once you're in the system you're at their mercy... so I wouldn't doubt that you may be correct on the legality streaker, just that they do what they want.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    I was told by a PO they weren't allowed any sort of weapons, even if owned by a spouse. However, in the same breath I was told how much of their job was done from the hip, without digging too far into regs., because once you're in the system you're at their mercy... so I wouldn't doubt that you may be correct on the legality streaker, just that they do what they want.
    It would sound as though the state has just removed the spouses 2nd amendment rights without due process.

(Chester County)

That was my argument to him as well. He said that wasn't the case because she could still own a gun... just he would be in violation for living there. So the PA is ok forcing married couples to separate? Not our problem...

(Westmoreland County)

Not sure I remember this incident. So he had 165 guns, and zapped someone with a stun gun? He is now a threat to the community?

Sounds like the "obliterated serial numbers and a silencer and converted to an automatic weapon" charges will not readily go away any time soon.
    Same with the "possessing an offensive weapon" charges, it could have been anything.
    I know of someone who was traveling in another state and got a flat tire. In his haste, to make an important work-related appt., he put the flat in the trunk and closed it. Then he saw the lug wrench laying on the ground and just tossed it on the floor in the back seat in a hurry to hit the road. Got pulled over a couple days later, and got hit with the offensive weapon charge. Apparently it was in plain sight to the LEO. Not sure if this was in either N.J. or N.Y. He is still trying to expunge his record years later, no guns for him now.

Penn Hills was Rick Santorum's hometown when he was a senator. Hey Rick! Come home and help fight for someone's liberty and freedom, call B.S. on this one.

Maybe it will keep you in the media spotlight when your campaign is over, there is still a slight chance that you might not win the GOP nomination.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

I see the combination change as inadequate (we all know that is bullshit)...the guy had automatic weapons, silencers and had taken the serial numbers off of some.

I say they are taken away and never given back.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    I see the combination change as inadequate (we all know that is bullshit)...the guy had automatic weapons, silencers and had taken the serial numbers off of some.

I say they are taken away and never given back.
    Yes, let's not care about due process at all, the ends must justify the means.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Yes, let's not care about due process at all, the ends must justify the means.

That's what I was thinking. It would seem on the face of it, that this was an illegal seizure of the firearms, so the evidence would be "fruit of the poison tree".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast