Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Live Fire Training in/near Bucks County?

Hi everyone,

I have been looking around for a pistol training course in or around the Bucks county area but I'm having a hard time finding a course that is closer to my area.

The closest one I found with live fire was in Lancaster which is 2 hours away (http://www.directactiontactical.com/...en-enrollment/). I'd prefer to find a place that I can drive to instead of having to get a hotel room near the training facility.

Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Live Fire Training in/near Bucks County?

I live in bucks co and am also looking for a live fire training course. I'd like AR training in addition to handgun, so if anyone has any places for rifle as well please advise.

(Bucks County)

You might try rmagill on this forum? He gave my husband and I a private handgun lesson at our own range here in Lower Bucks...he's about an hour and a half north of here but he will travel.

We will be traveling to his range in May to get another private lesson, this time working on drawing from the holster. (Can't do that at our range) He has many classes too, as well as private instruction. Really great guy. You might ask him what he can offer you.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Montgomery County)

cakeshooter... You can practice drawing from the holster at home.. Setup a target and draw and fire on the target.. You have the laser caps, so you can see where you are aiming/hitting.

Direct Action seems like a pretty good outfit, they have done a couple training sessions at my club.

Call around to any of the ranges in your area and see what classes they are offering.

What type of training are you looking for? Just the NRA courses? Or something more specific? You can visit the NRA website and check off the courses you are looking for and then it will give you a list of all the places around you that offer them. I think there are a couple NRA instructors on this website that might be able to help you out that are in or close to Bucks County.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Philadelphia County)

We are located in Bucks County (Lower Southampton, Twp.) and offer private NRA instruction both civilian and NRA LEO division classes.

Regards,

Gregory R. Brown
    Deputy Chief, Training Division
    NRA Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    Arizona DPS Firearms Instructor
    Team Life, Inc.
    (215) 310-5436 office
    (800) 469-6914 E-Fax
    info@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Call around to any of the ranges in your area and see what classes they are offering.

What type of training are you looking for? Just the NRA courses? Or something more specific? You can visit the NRA website and check off the courses you are looking for and then it will give you a list of all the places around you that offer them. I think there are a couple NRA instructors on this website that might be able to help you out that are in or close to Bucks County.
    I called around previously but the courses that were being offered seemed to be tailored towards a novice shooter. To be fair it was a few years back so I will call around again. I'm more looking for defensive pistol training that involves more of a shoot house atmosphere. I'm thinking that might be a lot to ask so I'd be ok with a place that offers close quarters pistol training with multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    We are located in Bucks County (Lower Southampton, Twp.) and offer private NRA instruction both civilian and NRA LEO division classes.

Regards,

Gregory R. Brown
    Deputy Chief, Training Division
    NRA Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    Arizona DPS Firearms Instructor
    Team Life, Inc.
    (215) 310-5436 office
    (800) 469-6914 E-Fax
    info@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org
    I will be giving your office a call this week to discuss what types of training your facility offers. Thank you.

(Northampton County)

LostBits,

As Cakeshooter said, I do teach a variety of classes. I have an NRA Basic Pistol Course scheduled for the end of April if you are interested. The way we teach it, we try to have plenty of time to work on marksmanship skills on the range. So far, everyone that has gone through one of my classes has improved their marksmanship.

I am developing a defensive pistol class, hopefully for the end of the summer.

Also, I do offer private instruction that can be tailored for your needs - either at your range or mine (Lehigh Valley, PA). If you want more info, feel free to visit www.magilltraining.com.

Try Robert from Argive he is very capable instructor his rates are very reasonable and he is teaching variety of courses from regular defensive gun to more exotic and controversial stuff like Center-Axis relock. My understanding that he trained heavily under numerous big names in the industry Farnam, Vickers, Puzikas plus his conventional training as a state trooper so you get a fun blend of alternative approaches to solve a problem in his course.

P.S. no affiliation with Robert outside of training with him on prior occasions.

http://www.argivedefense.com

Also keep an eye on John Farnam's schedule http://www.defense-training.com/sched/schedform.html He comes to Philadelphia area quite often. He was here last november about an hour drive from here.
    Last edited by matrosov; April 29th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

(Pike County)

Wicen's (aka The Farm) does all NRA classes.

Team Life has also very skilled instructors. I took my NRA Rifle instructor course as well as First Aid/CPR from them.
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    Try Robert from Argive he is very capable instructor his rates are very reasonable and he is teaching variety of courses from regular defensive gun to more exotic and controversial stuff like Center-Axis relock. My understanding that he trained heavily under numerous big names in the industry Farnam, Vickers, Puzikas plus his conventional training as a state trooper so you get a fun blend of alternative approaches to solve a problem in his course.

P.S. no affiliation with Robert outside of training with him on prior occasions.

http://www.argivedefense.com

Also keep an eye on John Farnam's schedule http://www.defense-training.com/sched/schedform.html He comes to Philadelphia area quite often. He was here last november about an hour drive from here.
    I'll give him a call; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Wicen's (aka The Farm) does all NRA classes.

Team Life has also very skilled instructors. I took my NRA Rifle instructor course as well as First Aid/CPR from them.
    I didn't think about Wicen's. I'll have to check that out.

Team Life though... so far I am not pleased with them. They refuse to call me back so I guess they don't want my business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast