Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Unknowing Open Carry

Ok, folks, looks like I "open carried" today and didn't even realize it. Me and the wife deceided to go to the range so I loaded up the .38, and the .45 along with the ammo and other gear in my carry bag. I holstered my Ruger SR9C and hooked it to my belt. We got into the car, drove to the range and shot some rounds for about an hour and a half. I reloaded eveything in my carry bag, reholstered the Ruger and drove on off to Wally World. Went in and did some shopping came out and loaded up the car and it was then I realized that I had "open carried". I don't remember any odd looks from anyone and didn't even realize I had the Ruger on my belt. So, chalk up another open carry without incident. And you know, the wife didn't say anything either. (I usually carry concealed).
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Unknowing Open Carry

Last edited by Statkowski; March 24th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Ok, folks, looks like I "open carried" today and didn't even realize it. Me and the wife deceided to go to the range so I loaded up the .38, and the .45 along with the ammo and other gear in my carry bag. I holstered my Ruger SR9C and hooked it to my belt. We got into the car, drove to the range and shot some rounds for about an hour and a half. I reloaded eveything in my carry bag, reholstered the Ruger and drove on off to Wally World. Went in and did some shopping came out and loaded up the car and it was then I realized that I had "open carried". I don't remember any odd looks from anyone and didn't even realize I had the Ruger on my belt. So, chalk up another open carry without incident. And you know, the wife didn't say anything either. (I usually carry concealed).
    [sarcasm font]

Be more careful! You are going to ruin it for the rest of us!!11!!!!!!!1111!

[/sarcasm font]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVneighbor View Post
    [sarcasm font]

Be more careful! You are going to ruin it for the rest of us!!11!!!!!!!1111!

[/sarcasm font]
    Damn rookies! LOL
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Looks like you've got a keeper there. . . a wife who doesn't say anything is worth her weight in Gold!
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Looks like you've got a keeper there. . . a wife who doesn't say anything is worth her weight in Gold!
    Yeah, that was the surprising thing (Maybe she didn't notice it either), and I surely won't bring it up after dinner! (Believe me, her not saying anything was a complete aberration)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    Damn rookies! LOL
    That Ruger SR9C is so darn light! (Is that an acceptable excuse?) LOL

(Montgomery County)

Pretty funny. Was your Ruger loaded?

(Luzerne County)

Yeah, that was the surprising thing (Maybe she didn't notice it either), and I surely won't bring it up after dinner! (Believe me, her not saying anything was a complete aberration)
    Don't be so sure. Wimmin see everything, hear everything, and most of all, REMEMBER everything. Some day, 20 years from now, perhaps in the midst of a disagreement, this and many other topics you've forgotten will be brought to light.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
    Pretty funny. Was your Ruger loaded?
    Sure, I always reload my primary carry weapon, but it's usually right back home after shooting. I usually CC except when I go to the range as it's much more comfortable shooting my other pistols when my primary is in an ouside holster. This time the wife was with me and she said: "I need to go to wally world". So, into the car and off we went. This time I didn't even think of transitioning to CC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast