Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Funny OC events today

Couple of funny OC events today.

Ran to the bank to deposit some checks, had to get deposit slips from one of the girls cause they were out at the counter, as I walk back a guy walks in and stands on the opposite side. I fill out my form, go up to one of the girls and as I'm walking out this discussion happened between me and him:

him: Kimber?
    me: yup
    him: NIIIICE
    me: thanks

now that's what an OC encounter should be!

From there I ran up to Shoprite in Mt. Pocono. As I am coming down the back row by the cheese from behind I hear:

"Oh Sir, Oh Sir" in one of those 'you dropped your keys or something' tone.

Turned around to see a woman in her late sixties coming towards me. She comes up, stops and says "Is that a real gun?"

Looked at her with a big smile and said "Well it would be awfully silly to carry a fake one now wouldn't it" Luckily the humor didn't fall on deaf ears.

She then said "What profession are you in" and before I could answer she added "or is it for self protection". Again I smiled and said self protection to which she answered "That's wonderful"

She then said she had never seen a real gun before and I commented that the neighborhood was getting rougher with influx of the NJ and NY people.

She stopped for a second and then said "I'm from NJ" to which I replied "Do you still live there or do you live here now"

She told me her and her husband had retired up here and that he was a retired NJ state trooper (Oh the things I could have said to that). I said "Your husband was a trooper and you have never see a gun before?" Nope she said. I told her she needed to go home and tell her husband to go buy a gun (kidding) that this is PA, land of the free.

We then had some minor chit chat about food prices out by her (lives in Blakeslee) and she said something about being robbed by the Sure Save out there (with or without a gun she added). Told her to have a nice day and she said the same.

What's killing me right now is wondering what the conversation is going to be between her and her husband, I can only image him say "huh? What? That can't be legal"
    Last edited by dc dalton; March 20th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Funny OC events today

Good to hear... and you know he will be with her the next time she's out shopping so he can correctly explain the law to you...:P

It wouldn't suprise me at all if he is making some phone calls to the local PD right now.

Best Regard,

Kobsw

Quote Originally Posted by kobsw View Post
    It wouldn't suprise me at all if he is making some phone calls to the local PD right now.
    Yeah I would bet good money he made some calls, let's just hope he gets a cop that knows what they are talking about.

(Berks County)

Jersey laws are so tough even the troopers don't carry them?

She has never seen a gun? Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by donotknowme; March 20th, 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added ?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Jersey laws are so tough even the troopers don't carry them?

She has never seen a gun? Wow, just wow.

Gotta remember, just like a ferocious pitbull that rips the heads off kittens and is blood thirsty at birth (Being VERY sarcastic, I own 2 pits), just LOOKING at a gun can cause the evil gun to go on a killing spree...

Sorry, Must apologize for that. just feeling a bit sarcastic tonight.

It really does NOT surprise me. Ive met a couple people who live with family that is LE or armed security etc. and they have never even seen a cartridge - Live OR spent, let alone the whole gun except in movies/on tv or video games.

rep for OC that went great!

**EDIT - Damn rep nazis... I must spread rep before giving it to Dave again...

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    Gotta remember, just like a ferocious pitbull that rips the heads off kittens and is blood thirsty at birth (Being VERY sarcastic, I own 2 pits), just LOOKING at a gun can cause the evil gun to go on a killing spree...

Sorry, Must apologize for that. just feeling a bit sarcastic tonight.

It really does NOT surprise me. Ive met a couple people who live with family that is LE or armed security etc. and they have never even seen a cartridge - Live OR spent, let alone the whole gun except in movies/on tv or video games.

rep for OC that went great!

**EDIT - Damn rep nazis... I must spread rep before giving it to Dave again...
    Got him........
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Many officer's only carry guns because it's part of the uniform and job requirement. Many leave their issued firearm in it's holster, secured on the gun belt, and neatly hung on the inside of a Locker at the police station.
    It does not surprize me that a sweet ole gal never saw he husband's duty gun. Not all cops are "GUN" people, very few actually.

CL

Talking Re: Funny OC events today

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    She then said she had never seen a real gun before and I commented that the neighborhood was getting rougher with influx of the NJ and NY people.

"
    I'm from NYC!! :-(

(Monroe County)

Stop scaring the non-natives!
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.