Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Tanfoglio Question

Awhile back I purchased a pistol at the lgs. Lime green plastic case, 2 bore brushes, 2 magazines, and a small owners manual tagged "Tanfoglio Force Carry". Frame is marked "Made in Italy". Pistol is .40 cal., and poly. I realize these guns are imported by EAA.

At the very bottom of the butt on the frame, in small letters, gun is marked, Witness-P-S. I am guessing the "P" stands for polymer. Does anyone know what the "S" stands for? Short? Can't seem to find out.

Thanks

Gunner

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Tanfoglio Question

S = sucks

Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Cumberland County)

Here's what someone posted on another site :

The P stands for Personal carry the S stands for special modal thats what the factory told me

Not sure if they are correct ????

daschnoz,

I understand...For better or worse there are a number of Tanfoglio haters around. It most likely stems from prior bad experience. So you got me to thinking, ok?

Took out all of my automatics (made sure they were not loaded). Field stripped some, dry fired all. Generally had a good time with all my autos. lol.

I realized (already knew), that my Tanfoglio Force is not my favorite pistol, but...nothing feels better in my hand. It is a natural pointer. I have a Sig, a Beretta, a Zastava (CZ-999), an XD, absolutely nothing grip wise, point of aim, axis, feels better.

Now, I have only had this pistol for a while, 500 rounds (break in period??) I have had 2 failures to feed. Using Federal blunt nose 180gr target ammo. Has my Beretta ever had a ftf? No. My Sig? no. My Zastava? Yaeh a couple (handloads)

Like I said previously, DA, kinda heavy, SA, almost as nice as my Sig. If I had never fired any of these pistols, and was just picking them up and placing in my hand...the Tanfoglio would win hands down. I don't know, $310 out the door with case, bore brushes and 2 mags, 500 rounds fired, 2 ftf with target ammo??

This inexpensive dead on point of impact shooter may prove to be OK?

Sorry you got a bad one, I hear quality is kind of gun to gun.

Best,

Gunner

(Allegheny County)

I have a Tangfoglio made TZ-75, the Witness before EAA got it. Always goes bang.

On the other hand, the last time my daughter was shooting my Beretta 92D, there were a couple FTEs and FTFs.

As my buddy the revolver loving cop says, "There are two types of automatics: those that have jammed and those that will."

I've got two Tanfoglio, one steel/full size and one is a P-S. Both hold good and shoot good. I have never had any trouble with them.

I have a Witness 79 45 acp compact all steel, I bought it from a pawn shop without a magazine for $180. I then bought a Pro mag 10 round magazine like most have reported its made well and feels good in the hands has great high 3 dot sights. Its CZ design helps in look and feel my gun fires well for 5 shots then it starts to jam every round after that, so I load with with six rounds and it fires every round. But it suppose to be a 10 shot pistol, I know its the magaizine, accuracy is mediorcre. The CZ has a reputation of a very accurate pistol though parts interchange I get the impression that the witness or EAA is not a CZ. Though it has look and feel going for it I rate it near the bottom of the semi autos I have in my safe.

Some that own only CZs and TangfogiloWitness or EAA loves them.