Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Want to sell some guns...but located in a different state.

I want to sell some guns I own, specifically a shotgun, my M1 Garand, and possibly my Savage 12BVSS .223. However, I'm located in TX because I am stationed here and won't be back in PA for quite a few months.

What's the best way to go about it? I don't want to deal with people coming over my parent's house to look at them, so I guess a gun store that would take it on consignment?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Want to sell some guns...but located in a different state.

A shop should do that for you.
    For buyers from out of state, the long guns have to go through an FFL (in either state)

(Delaware County)

Shop around if you are considering consignment through a retail store. In my experience the stocking dealer will charge about 25 percent for his services.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    I want to sell some guns I own, specifically a shotgun, my M1 Garand, and possibly my Savage 12BVSS .223. However, I'm located in TX because I am stationed here and won't be back in PA for quite a few months.

What's the best way to go about it? I don't want to deal with people coming over my parent's house to look at them, so I guess a gun store that would take it on consignment?
    OK, you're in TX the guns are in PA at your parents house. If you're going the consignment route, how are the guns getting to the shop?

How much are your parents willing to get involved in the process?

Consignment will cost you dearly, the seller will take at least 25% of the selling price.

What about getting in touch with a FFL near you in TX and having your parents ship the guns down to you for you to sell. Or have your parents take some good pictures and send them to you. You can then post here and other places to sell them and if sold, your parents can ship the guns with the help of a local FFL.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

^ Good advice, thanks.

I'm in the Army so I'll talk to some people in the company, I know we have some gun people. Right now I'd rather not have them shipped down here unless a sale is a sure thing, too much of a hassle since I'm single and live in barracks, they'd have to be stored in the arms room and not my room and signed out everytime I want to use it, part of the reason I didn't bring them down with me in the first place.

(Centre County)

If you have a GOOD, TRUSTED friend who is into guns and is married, let him store them for you. I had several single guys store their guns at my place (and I lived in military housing). When they wanted them, they let me know and I'd have them ready fro them. When they were done, they'd stop buy and I'd lock them up again. Now, I was USAF and married living on the base proper in military housing were allowed to keep their guns in the house, I'm not sure about Army. No problem if the married person lived off base/post.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member