Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default droid shooter app. I have to say so far its dead on

well now since the weather is getting nice and the ground hawgs are coming out again I can finally stretch the legs a little on my rifle today alone I shot 4 ground hawgs, first was at 200 yards, that was the first time I ever shot that far, dial the scope to 1.6 MOA per the app first shot was a hit. about 20 min later see another one 230 yards dial 2.4 first shot hit and it was up in the woods about 10 yards. about an hour and I see one just across the pond at 130 yards, dial .3 1 shot ( I know that one would hit I shoot over ther all the time) 20 min after that I see one at 290 yards, dial the scope in to 4.4 like shooter tells me and first shot dead center hit on it when I got up there to look at it, I never shot anything over 130 yards before today and 3 of the hawgs were 200 + yards, Im waiting for one to show up on top the hill witch is about 400 yards on that side. but so far I have to say that app seams to be dead on, I know its not far compaired to some standards but Ive heard good things about it from others and just figured id put this out there.

(York County)

Default Re: droid shooter app. I have to say so far its dead on

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    well now since the weather is getting nice and the ground hawgs are coming out again I can finally stretch the legs a little on my rifle today alone I shot 4 ground hawgs, .

um...
    When was the ban on Sunday Hunting lifted??
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

Default Re: droid shooter app. I have to say so far its dead on

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    well now since the weather is getting nice and the ground hawgs are coming out again I can finally stretch the legs a little on my rifle today alone I shot 4 ground hawgs, first was at 200 yards, that was the first time I ever shot that far, dial the scope to 1.6 MOA per the app first shot was a hit. about 20 min later see another one 230 yards dial 2.4 first shot hit and it was up in the woods about 10 yards. about an hour and I see one just across the pond at 130 yards, dial .3 1 shot ( I know that one would hit I shoot over ther all the time) 20 min after that I see one at 290 yards, dial the scope in to 4.4 like shooter tells me and first shot dead center hit on it when I got up there to look at it, I never shot anything over 130 yards before today and 3 of the hawgs were 200 + yards, Im waiting for one to show up on top the hill witch is about 400 yards on that side. but so far I have to say that app seams to be dead on, I know its not far compaired to some standards but Ive heard good things about it from others and just figured id put this out there.
    I don't know anything about Sunday hunting, so I'll leave that to ya'll. I run "Shooter" on my iphone, and it's a very nice program. I don't think you'll have any problems with the distances that you're shooting. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "compared to some standards". I can tell you that I know people running programs that cost HUNDREDS of dollars, that don't really anything extra. Some of them will do a few more functions, but not something that the conventional shooter would use. If you are an advanced user, you know how to eek the same information out of a program like shooter.

I'm curious, were you using a LRF to get your distances? Make sure to keep track of your dope for the distances you're mentioning, and the atmospheric conditions. Shooter is a quite remarkable program, and has some pretty neat functions. You can input the values of when you zero your rifle, so that it accounts for this when it gives you corrections for different conditions. The program can use Density Altitude too. What I like about Shooter is that at longer distances where things may be a little different for your load, you can put it your adjustments for the distance and what the actual adjustment was, and it'll tweak the program to give you more accurate answers at all distances (including those further). It really is a wonderful program and a steal for what it costs. If you're inputting the correct data into the program, it'll definitely work for you. Lots of people might not know this, but Brian Litz (of Berger Bullets), worked hand in hand designing this program and it uses his formulas and bc's in it.