Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Was asked,why are you carrying that gun like that

My wife and I were in the dairy store(the cup) in bethlehem today.It was packed with people getting ice cream.As we were exiting the store a man said excuse me,my wife wants to know why you are carrying that gun in the open on your hip like that.Before I could answer his wife said,are you a cop?I said no.She asked,then why do you feel you need a gun?I said you never know when you might need it. The husband seemed interested in oc so I gave him a flyer and explained cc and oc to him.His wife kept telling him,you are not getting a gun so don't even think about it. She asked me,doesn't everyone keep giving you grief about carrying open like that? I said no,and the bethlehem police do know the firearm laws and do not give anyone a hard time here. I said goodbye as she kept an eyeball on my right hip.

Cool Re: Was asked,why are you carrying that gun like that

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    My wife and I were in the dairy store(the cup) in bethlehem today.It was packed with people getting ice cream.As we were exiting the store a man said excuse me,my wife wants to know why you are carrying that gun in the open on your hip like that.Before I could answer his wife said,are you a cop?I said no.She asked,then why do you feel you need a gun?I said you never know when you might need it. The husband seemed interested in oc so I gave him a flyer and explained cc and oc to him.

"His wife kept telling him,you are not getting a gun so don't even think about it."

She asked me,doesn't everyone keep giving you grief about carrying open like that? I said no,and the bethlehem police do know the firearm laws and do not give anyone a hard time here. I said goodbye as she kept an eyeball on my right hip.
    That 'man' doesn't need to carry a gun. If he is ever accosted in any way , all he has to do is have his wife talk to his attacker.

He'd better be careful nobody steals that little slice of angle cake away from him.
    Last edited by abner13; March 18th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Was asked,why are you carrying that gun like that

I just answer because I am too lazy to try to hide it. Shuts them right up normally

Sounds like a good encounter. So people will not have to ask, it will be comon place.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    That 'man' doesn't need to carry a gun. If he is ever accosted in any way , all he has to do is have his wife talk to his attacker.

He'd better be careful nobody steals that little slice of angle cake away from him.
    Nah... He just needs to use her as body armor....

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

nehhh....that man needs to sell raffle tickets at the local Sunoco so he can rid of his "wife."
    Anyhow....I had several encounters over the past 5 years and while most are positive, some people walk up to you and ask "Do you feel like a bigshot now?"
    Some are eager and ask "why" I am carrying and most of the time you can see, by the looks on their faces, whether they are curious or just out to start an argument. The latter happened to me about 5 or 6 times and my answer is always..."because it is my right."
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Lawrence County)

My wife and I were in the dairy store(the cup) in bethlehem today.It was packed with people getting ice cream.As we were exiting the store a man said excuse me,my wife wants to know why you are carrying that gun in the open on your hip like that.Before I could answer his wife said,are you a cop?I said no.She asked,then why do you feel you need a gun?I said you never know when you might need it. The husband seemed interested in oc so I gave him a flyer and explained cc and oc to him.His wife kept telling him,you are not getting a gun so don't even think about it. She asked me,doesn't everyone keep giving you grief about carrying open like that? I said no,and the bethlehem police do know the firearm laws and do not give anyone a hard time here. I said goodbye as she kept an eyeball on my right hip.
    Cause people would look at me funny if i taped it to my forehead???

Cause a cop doesn't fit this snugly against my hip???
    Last edited by Bmarshall91; March 18th, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

She asked,then why do you feel you need a gun?
    There it is again. For some reason the antis always base important life decisions on feelings and emotions. It doesn't matter if you feel that life is a bunch of flying unicorns farting rainbows. If they would take the blinders off they would see the world isn't nice.

Sorry I've just been arguing with antis a lot lately and had to get that out.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Monroe County)

"Why do you carry a gun like that?"

"Because if I carry it in my hand I'd probably get arrested!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    There it is again. For some reason the antis always base important life decisions on feelings and emotions. It doesn't matter if you feel that life is a bunch of flying unicorns farting rainbows. If they would take the blinders off they would see the world isn't nice.

Sorry I've just been arguing with antis a lot lately and had to get that out.
    Bingo! These are more than just antis, they are liberals. Their entire belief system is based on what they feel, rather than objective reality. They are ruled by their emotions, which is why they are so screwed up.

Clear thinking people use their 5 senses to establish an accurate view of the world around them. They then determine what they need/want in life, in other words, their values. They then rationally figure out what actions help them secure the valued objects.

Emotions are feedback telling us whether our thoughts and actions are in sync with our values. When they are, it results in joy, happiness, and love. When they are not, it results in sadness, fear, anger, and so on. Therefore, a person can only make good decisions based on rational thought and accurate knowledge of reality, not emotion.
    Last edited by longcall911; March 18th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast