Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PLease God, Deliver us from this Evil!

Adviser: Clinton actively weighs '08 bid

ALBANY, N.Y. - Sen.
    Hillary Rodham Clinton has begun active consideration of a 2008 run for president and has personally asked some fellow top New York Democrats for their support in the event she goes ahead with such a campaign, a top adviser said Sunday.

"As Senator Clinton said, she was going to begin actively considering a presidential run after the election. That process has begun," said Howard Wolfson.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PLease God, Deliver us from this Evil!

i wouldn't sweat it too much, she'll never win, at least not in '08.

So we go from "cigar" smoking to "pie eating" .... Versatile family
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

yeah, i don't think she could win. for that reason, i don't think she'll be the democrat nominee.

it seems the only people who keep saying she is definitely going to be the dems candidate in '08 ar the republican campaign strategists...i think they know she can't win, and so they are trying everything they can to make her the dem's candidate.

the dems, on the other hand, seem to respond with "hold on a minute...we don't know who our candidate will be".

personally, i'm more afraid that rudy "i want your guns more than most dems" giulliani will be the republican candidate.

(Philadelphia County)

On a side note... its nice to see that a free country has been in control of two families for say....

the last 20-30 years?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Oh I think she can win. You can also add to the list the possibility of Sen. Barack Obama as VP and even larger Dem majorities in 2008.

You may consider her (them) as "evil" but it would be a major mistake to consider them stupid.

Our fellow citizens voted in Casey as our Senator without him taking any position on any issue. Now read any recent speech from Mrs. Clinton and consider:

"Today’s families are often stretched thin – working to make ends meet while also trying to carve out time to care for their young children and aging relatives"

"I know that New York’s most precious resource is its children. That is why I am fighting to improve the quality of every child’s education, from preschool through college. I am working to ensure that every child has an equal chance to succeed because each is taught by a top-notch teacher in a modern classroom."

"It is time to put policy ahead of politics and success ahead of the status quo"

"At this critical time in our nation’s history, we must show our veterans - not just tell them - that we are grateful for their service to our country. One of the most important benefits we provide to veterans is health care."

"I believe the Bush administration is failing to meet what should be the basic requirements of immigration policy: continuing our American tradition of welcoming immigrants who follow the rules and are trying to build a better life for their families, while strengthening national security in a post 9-11 world."

Maybe the "stupid" label deserves to be applied closer to home.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Maybe the "stupid" label deserves to be applied closer to
    home.
    i don't think they are stupid...i just think that hillary would rally the republican voting base to get out and vote more than just about any other person, event, or political topic could. and i think the dems know that...i agree with you--they aren't stupid--not stupid enough to run hillary, anyway.

(Bucks County)

even though she's moved a bit more to the center, she's got a lot of baggage too though, not just from Bill. She'll get torn apart in a campaign.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by threeonebravo View Post
    even though she's moved a bit more to the center...
    You serious? She's as far left as all the other wacko Democrats out there. I'd go so far as to say that Barack Obama is more center than she is.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Besides, the USA as a nation is not ready for a female President. I am not being racist, but look at how fast "Commander in Chief" got cancelled. The purpose of that show was to get the public ready for the though. (FOB was actually behind the idea of the show, if you look at part of the executive team, they are some high level supporters of Bill.)

Plus, she is so polarizing. You either love her or hate her. She makes George look like an average guy in that you can like him a little, dislike him a little, love him, or hate him. There are a lot of democratic voters who don't like her, and have said they would vote republican if she is the candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast