Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: why are people trying to legalize semi-auto's for hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    im just talking about deer right now....thats not what im saying...like for water fowl and what not thats cool. im talking about big game as the example ...sorry about that
    I dont mean to be on the attack. I just get so frustrated by the standpoint of "because i have 30 rds im gonna use all of them every time i pull the trigger". I respect where your comin from there are a lot of idiots and abusers out there but i dont want my rights infringed upon because others cant handle themselves properly. its honestly views like yours that have been the root of most firearm regulation laws
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Lawrence County)

The idea that a 12 guage with 5 or more saboted slugs banging away in the most populated areas of the state is safe but a semi automatic rifle wouldn't be is ridiculous.

last time i checked rifle rounds travel alot longer then slugs.
    12 gauge slugs actually have a greater chance of bouncing of the ground when fired at shallow angles as compared to fast rifles. Rifle bullets tend to fragment and destabilize.

I'd like to hunt with AR's simply because I can build a sub moa rifle to my liking a lot easier than buying a bolt gun. I've got a McMillan stock on order just because I wanted a raised cheekpiece for a Model 70. That would have been easy with an AR15 or AR10 platform. They are also a lot easier to modify and add muzzle brakes, triggers....etc.

Lycanallforitthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

first off the 2a has nothing to do with hunting...its the right to bear arms which everyone should and there shouldnt be a limit on it.. i think people should own full autos if they want.
    No 2a = no guns = no hunting with guns. Im glad we agree on full autos. I however dont agree that: if its ok for me to shoot a deer with a .223 (hypothetically) then some deer czar appointed by our commonwealth is allowed to decide that i can only fire one round and then i have to make a certain amount of calculated manual motions to reload my next round before i can attempt to kill said animal again
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post
    I dont mean to be on the attack. I just get so frustrated by the standpoint of "because i have 30 rds im gonna use all of them every time i pull the trigger". I respect where your comin from there are a lot of idiots and abusers out there but i dont want my rights infringed upon because others cant handle themselves properly. its honestly views like yours that have been the root of most firearm regulation laws
    look why do you need a semi-auto to hunt? i know theres some people out there that will conduct them self in the right manner. and to tell you the truth i really dont care about the safety part of if. I care about the animals and the preservation of them. semi-auto's will wound more animals then actually putting them down because of the assholes out there mag dumping. if that means punishing the 3% of the good hunters out there that would hunt with them the right way then so be it
    Last edited by Vsgiovinazzo; March 16th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

You sure sound like you're butthurt it may put more people in the woods and lower your chances of bagging a deer. Funny how you're OK with it when IRS something you don't hunt though. Or you're all for the other controversial hunting topic of humtimg on Sundays because it would benefit you.

I'm guessing you've never been in the woods to see how fast some of those old boys can throw a bolt or lever or rack the pump. Fast enough to make you think its a semi.

(Lackawanna County)

look why do you need a semi-auto to hunt? i know theres some people out there that will conduct them self in the right manner. and to tell you the truth i really dont care about the safety part of if. I care about the animals and the preservation of them. semi-auto's will wound more animals then actually putting them down because of the assholes out there mag dumping. if that means punishing the 3% of the good hunters out there that would hunt with them the right way the so be it
    Who are you to define the right way? Im sure some people in the world would call the right way of hunting taking game with a pointy stick.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    12 gauge slugs actually have a greater chance of bouncing of the ground when fired at shallow angles as compared to fast rifles. Rifle bullets tend to fragment and destabilize.

I'd like to hunt with AR's simply because I can build a sub moa rifle to my liking a lot easier than buying a bolt gun. I've got a McMillan stock on order just because I wanted a raised cheekpiece for a Model 70. That would have been easy with an AR15 or AR10 platform. They are also a lot easier to modify and add muzzle brakes, triggers....etc.

Lycanallforitthrope
    but cant you see the assholes out there just spitting out lead after the animal takes off? trust me I would love to hunt with a semi-auto. I think 99% of the people on here would hunt with them the right way. but the truth is theres alot of assholes out there that wont. and even if they did pass it so we could the assholes out there would end it in one season.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You sure sound like you're butthurt it may put more people in the woods and lower your chances of bagging a deer. Funny how you're OK with it when IRS something you don't hunt though. Or you're all for the other controversial hunting topic of humtimg on Sundays because it would benefit you.

I'm guessing you've never been in the woods to see how fast some of those old boys can throw a bolt or lever or rack the pump. Fast enough to make you think its a semi.
    spell check bro...

(Allegheny County)

look why do you need a semi-auto to hunt? i know theres some people out there that will conduct them self in the right manner. and to tell you the truth i really dont care about the safety part of if. I care about the animals and the preservation of them. semi-auto's will wound more animals then actually putting them down because of the assholes out there mag dumping. if that means punishing the 3% of the good hunters out there that would hunt with them the right way then so be it
    What a hypocrite "why do i need a semi auto to hunt?" all the anti's always ask "why would a civilian ever need a full auto". Guns are for hunting they will tell you. I dont "need" any guns but i have rights that are rapidly being stripped from me and damnit i will take any back that i can possibly get. And these hunting laws are as closely tied as you could possibly get to all other firearms laws

(Delaware County)

so could someone fill me in? I have been hunting for years and I love guns just as much as hunting. Now I could understand for pests and what not but semi-auto's for game? really? I remember going to to Fl. for hog hunting and I could hear in the semi-autos going off and I asked my father inlaw what the hell are those guys doing? he said deer hunting. I thought to myself. are you kidding me do you suck that much you need to unload a mag just to put down a little deer ( and they are little there ) but on the hunting sunday thing Iam all about I would love to get two days in a week! so please inform
    I don't hunt but I don't think hunters should be held to a different standard than non hunters. You can plink with or terget shoot with your favorite gun. Why not hunt.

You and many people use the worst possible argument against hunting with semiautos. You say some people will not do the right thing with them. You may be right but you can't punish peoplebecause of what some might do.

How would you feel if you were not allowed to carry a .45 because a 9mm will be able to stop an attacker and people don't want you running around town with too much gun?
    Last edited by mpan72; March 16th, 2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: because the spelling police are out today.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast