Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: why are people trying to legalize semi-auto's for hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    yes it could but the number of rounds aloud is limited. and that extra sec. it takes you to pump or cock the gun you are using acts as a buffer for the animal to have a chance and in most cases and I do mean most will prevent the hunter to take that second shot. you might get 2 shots off before that animal is gone where as if you had a semi you could prob. get off ten
    There is no magazine capacity for big game. You need a shotgun plugged to 3 rounds for small game, if you want to hunt deer you can take that plug out.

(Chester County)

A better question is why are hunters fighting it.... I can only think of one reason

(Carbon County)

not to sure i would want to be in the woods with a bunch of rookies blasting off a semi trying to take a bad shot and hoping 1 of 10 rounds would get it. there are enough asshole running around during deer season, i think it would make it dangerous, especially if you have new people hunting now just because they can carry a semi. i would love it, but i seen to many idiots over the years and i wouldnt be comfortable sitting out there.
    remember, if your shooting a bolt, you miss your first shot, you get ready for a 2nd and u have a better chance of seeing orange in front of you. with a semi you miss once, i think alot of people will start throwing lead just because they can

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger P229 View Post
    I've never shot a deer at any angle that wouldn't send my bullet or slug into the ground within a few yards of the animal had I missed.

This comes back to "know your target AND whats behind it". So semi-auto rifles shouldn't be allowed because people will ignore basic rules of firearms safety?

Why allow any centerfire rifles if flat shooting cartridges are that dangerous?
    so if your hunting on the ground at the bottom of a valley and you see a deer heading down and if you miss the bullet hits the ground? interesting...and yes you are very right people will ignore basic rules of firearm safety

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    yes it could but the number of rounds aloud is limited. and that extra sec. it takes you to pump or cock the gun you are using acts as a buffer for the animal to have a chance and in most cases and I do mean most will prevent the hunter to take that second shot. you might get 2 shots off before that animal is gone where as if you had a semi you could prob. get off ten
    UMMMMMMMM? SINGLE SHOT??? i now know i need to leave this thread alone. really? you are now arguing about the number of rounds allowed in a single shot ONE SHOT. are you aware of the difference between single shot, semi auto, bolt action, pump, revolver, magazine fed? single shot means one shot until you open the action and physicaly load another round. not cock back and pull one from the magazine
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    not to sure i would want to be in the woods with a bunch of rookies blasting off a semi trying to take a bad shot and hoping 1 of 10 rounds would get it. there are enough asshole running around during deer season, i think it would make it dangerous, especially if you have new people hunting now just because they can carry a semi. i would love it, but i seen to many idiots over the years and i wouldnt be comfortable sitting out there.
    remember, if your shooting a bolt, you miss your first shot, you get ready for a 2nd and u have a better chance of seeing orange in front of you. with a semi you miss once, i think alot of people will start throwing lead just because they can
    ^^^^^ this all day long....good to see Im not the only one

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finch00 View Post
    A better question is why are hunters fighting it.... I can only think of one reason
    do tell? ......................

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post
    UMMMMMMMM? SINGLE SHOT??? i now know i need to leave this thread alone. really? you are now arguing about the number of rounds allowed in a single shot ONE SHOT. are you aware of the difference between single shot, semi auto, bolt action, pump, revolver, magazine fed? single shot means one shot until you open the action and physicaly load another round. not cock back and pull one from the magazine
    im just talking about deer right now....thats not what im saying...like for water fowl and what not thats cool. im talking about big game as the example ...sorry about that

(Allegheny County)

Its really a shame. All these why do you "need" it opinions are the exact same arguments that i hear all the time from people trying to ban certain guns from private ownership. Bottom line is i am a responsible gun owner whose rights are protected by the 2A. I shouldnt be told which of my weapons is suitable for acquiring game based upon other peoples incompetency in safely handling their firearms
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bpgood1 View Post
    Its really a shame. All these why do you "need" it opinions are the exact same arguments that i hear all the time from people trying to ban certain guns from private ownership. Bottom line is i am a responsible gun owner whose rights are protected by the 2A. I shouldnt be told which of my weapons is suitable for acquiring game based upon other peoples incompetency in safely handling their firearms
    first off the 2a has nothing to do with hunting...its the right to bear arms which everyone should and there shouldnt be a limit on it.. i think people should own full autos if they want.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast