Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PSA review: The PAFOA version.

So, it seems like every firearms website in the world has an in depth PSA rifle review, here is ours.

I have been looking for an upper for a long time now, and, like most of us, I am on a budget. I built a lower off an SAA reciever and a dpms parts kit, using a PSA MOE stock kit and an MOE grip.
    My first order from PSA went great, got a tracking number with in 48 hours, and hart my parts within a week of ordering. Everything came well packaged and in good shape. Based off my first order with PSA I looked at them heavily when I first started looking for an upper. After perusing the competition for awhile, it became apparent I couldn't find a better deal then PSA.
    After much thought, I decided to go with the standard 16" mid length cmv complete upper with bcg and an moe handguard. Since the actual barrel steel wasn't listed, I called and asked. The first person to answer the phone was a nice lady who wrote down my question, and told me she would find somebody to answer my question. About 2 mins later, another man picked up the pho e, confirmed my question, and informed me that the steel started out as 4150, then vanadium was added, and once finished the chamber, and bore were Chrome lined. Feeling confident I placed my order for a complete 16" mid length cmv upper with moe handguard, standard charging handle, and 3 dh usgi mags today, 3/14/2012, at about 12 noon. I immediately recieved an order confirmation, and will keep PAFOA updated through the process.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PSA review: The PAFOA version.

Sounds good. I'll be ordering a MOE lower kit from PSA soon. Not decided on PSA or DSA for an upper just yet. I might go with DSA so I can add a full auto BCG without duplicate parts.

(Philadelphia County)

Any psa upper can be ordered minus a bcg for 80 less. The PSA bcgs are full auto bcgs and hpt/mpi 158 carpenter steel.

(Philadelphia County)

Update: I recieved my shipping confirmation tonight, 03/20. That was FAST! Their website says allow 15 business days to ship, this was 7 calender days, and UPS claims I will have it in hand within 8 calender days.

(York County)

+1 for palmetto. They have had some growing pains for sure but they seem to have everything straightened out now. All the stuff I have gotten from them has been top notch.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel.seacat View Post
    Update: I recieved my shipping confirmation tonight, 03/20. That was FAST! Their website says allow 15 business days to ship, this was 7 calender days, and UPS claims I will have it in hand within 8 calender days.
    I hope mine gets here that quickly. I'm like a kid before Christmas (minus the good behavior).

(Philadelphia County)

Bad news. I just got an email from them, only the mags shippe, the upper is still being manufactured. In that case, the shipping is horribly slow, 7 days to put 3 mags in a box. Maybe they were going to ship em together but the upper is taking too long?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel.seacat View Post
    Bad news. I just got an email from them, only the mags shippe, the upper is still being manufactured. In that case, the shipping is horribly slow, 7 days to put 3 mags in a box. Maybe they were going to ship em together but the upper is taking too long?
    Not that I am defending PSA at all, as i think their service really lacks, but by the facts that you posted it took 6 days, not 7. It was only 4 business days, so they are one day behind their stated lead time of 1-3 business days.

Again, not defending them, but I would consider 1 day late to be slightly behind, not horribly slow.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

I had just put an order through with them a couple weeks ago for a Giesselle trigger LPK, and the kit came with a few things missing... called them, and they shipped it out "promptly" the next day (I called at 11am in the morning, since no one answered at 10:15am when they're supposedly open, with a message that told me to call during their normal hours.... I guess someone forgot the switch their daylight savings time on their answering machine).

I guess I am used to places that would process and ship something as simple as a trigger guard and associated pins within the same working day... but the quality of their stuff seems to be nice, and everything else in the LPK fit my Stag lower just fine.

I think their processing time can (should?) be better, but I might just be expecting too much. Their customer service attitude could be better too... no real big negatives, just could be better.

(Lancaster County)

Honestly, there prices are consistently so much better than the competition that I have come to expect them to be deficient in other areas like customer service. When you are offering quality products for cheaper than almost everyone else they have to cut back somewhere.

I have seen prices on their website cheaper than items were currently selling for in used condition on the AR15.com classifieds page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast