Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Nervous To open carry

Well I want to open carry really bad but I'am very nervous to do so. I heard about viper and his run in. So what are some tips and things to know when doing it. I guess the main reason I'm nervous is I have two little ones and I don't want some cop that doesn't know the law to pop me.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Nervous To open carry

It's your right to open carry. If you are going to allow fear of a potentially bad encounter stop you from open carrying, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your reasons why you wanted to do so in the first place. Arm yourself with knowledge and training. Nike's motto isn't "Just try it," it's "Just do it." After three months of OC, it will all be old hat. Good luck.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    It's your right to open carry. If you are going to allow fear of a potentially bad encounter stop you from open carrying, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your reasons why you wanted to do so in the first place. Arm yourself with knowledge and training. Nike's motto isn't "Just try it," it's "Just do it." After three months of OC, it will all be old hat. Good luck.
    That is very true... Well I will give it a go this weekend. Thanks for the kick in the ass

(Beaver County)

Why do you want to OC so bad? I used to open carry and it never served any purpose but to call attention to me. I would rather conceal and not be noticed, not have people stare at me, give me dirty looks, tell me that I 'have to cover it up'. Having said that, would I judge you if I saw you out in public with your kids OCing? No. Will an officer pop you if you OC? Unlikely . . . I assume you do have an LTCF though? You don't need it to OC but it can't hurt to have if someone does start asking questions. It's not for me but maybe your experience will be completely different. You don't know until you try.

(Montgomery County)

Make sure you do your research first. It's a shame that its necessary to do research before exercising a right, but that's the reality. Read the threads on these boards and make sure you are comfortable with the information. Expect the worst and make sure you are constantly aware of your surroundings.

You'll soon find out that most people don't notice a gun on your hip, and out of those that do about 99% don't give a rats ass. Despite this you should be prepared to deal with those that want to make it into an issue.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    Why do you want to OC so bad? I used to open carry and it never served any purpose but to call attention to me. I would rather conceal and not be noticed, not have people stare at me, give me dirty looks, tell me that I 'have to cover it up'. Having said that, would I judge you if I saw you out in public with your kids OCing? No. Will an officer pop you if you OC? Unlikely . . . I assume you do have an LTCF though? You don't need it to OC but it can't hurt to have if someone does start asking questions. It's not for me but maybe your experience will be completely different. You don't know until you try.
    Yes I have my LTCF. I just want to because I feel it is a right of mine being a American. And with all the men and women that lost there lives making sure we have these rights. It would feel like a injustice not to exercise these rights that they have died for.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    Yes I have my LTCF. I just want to because I feel it is a right of mine being a American. And with all the men and women that lost there lives making sure we have these rights. It would feel like a injustice not to exercise these rights that they have died for.

... and just carrying conceal wouldn't do that as well?

Not a good reason to just open carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    ... and just carrying conceal wouldn't do that as well?

Not a good reason to just open carry.
    Well there is one other one but it doesn't sound as good lol the other reason is its just a hell of alot more comfortable too

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    Well there is one other one but it doesn't sound as good lol the other reason is its just a hell of alot more comfortable too
    Carrying a firearm isn't suppose to be comfortable, it's to be comforting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Carrying a firearm isn't suppose to be comfortable, it's to be comforting.
    He has the right to carry a firearm, and if comfort is a consideration (which it is to everyone) then why not have that factor into the decision? Half the "holster" reviews are about how comfortable they are.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast