Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Walking that thine red line!

Ok so as we all know, there area few gray areas, such as carrying on a public street (or driving) past a school and trying to figure out the "1000 foot federal buffer zone". Recently I I was thinking about it, what does the law say if a PA citizen was fishing on the delaware river and accidently crossed the invisable border into NJ. Any thoughts or information on this aubject matter. (retorical situation involves being on a vessel) and who has juraidiction NJ state police, port authority, USCG?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Walking that thine red line!

I suggest reading through this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...k-service.html.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by CNTRYBOY30-06 View Post
    Ok so as we all know, there area few gray areas, such as carrying on a public street (or driving) past a school and trying to figure out the "1000 foot federal buffer zone". Recently I I was thinking about it, what does the law say if a PA citizen was fishing on the delaware river and accidently crossed the invisable border into NJ. Any thoughts or information on this aubject matter. (retorical situation involves being on a vessel) and who has juraidiction NJ state police, port authority, USCG?
    well if NJ fish are like their drivers you will see them cutting each other off. then you will know not to past that line....hahaha sorry that is an interesting point tho

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by CNTRYBOY30-06 View Post
    If you have a PA license, then the federal school zone thing doesn't apply to you.

(Indiana County)

Cross that invisible line into New Jersey and their laws apply.

And you don't want that..........

Edited.... Post had inaccurate information
    Last edited by internet troll; March 12th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Not ltcf but a similar situation. Take from it what you will.

About 4-6 years ago, two good friends of mine were fishing on the Delaware in a boat. They both had Pa fishing licenses. A boat with a New Jersey official, (not sure if it was police, state and game or some other entity) pulled up next to them and asked to see their licenses. They showed him their Pa license. The official said that they were in New Jersey waters and the Pa licenses were no good. He fined them both.

Would the same happen if you had a ltcf in New Jersey waters? You be the judge. I personally would not take the chance.
    The law on the Delaware river is that the fishing Lic from both states are recognize.PA lic I can fish off the NJ banks .... Thats been that way for as long as can remember ...... That offical was dead wrong ........ Firearms thas a different story and one I do not know the awnser too .......

(Montgomery County)

It's my understanding that the line works like this. The actual line doesn't matter. If you're on the water you can be stopped/boarded by either Pa or Nj or both. If you're stopped/boarded by Nj lEOs you will be arrested & charged under their law. I wouldn't think of it as a grey area. There has been other topics on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    The law on the Delaware river is that the fishing Lic from both states are recognize.PA lic I can fish off the NJ banks .... Thats been that way for as long as can remember ...... That offical was dead wrong ........ Firearms thas a different story and one I do not know the awnser too .......
    I just looked it up and it appears that you are right. They paid the fine without checking. I will let them know because they only stay on the Pa side now when fishing.

Edited to add.... I was wrong, I just talked to one of the guys. It was Delaware not New Jersey. I misremembered the story.
    Last edited by internet troll; March 12th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.

(Pike County)

I saw that line of thou on the map. It is in fact blue.
    Je suis déplorable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast