Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by HRoark View Post
    Practicing only one thing makes it a little easier.

You've covered the slow fire marksmanship at distance. Now throw in some reloading practice. First shots from draw on the timer. Run a couple fast drills or el prez drills to see where your progress is, maybe even a dot torture to help decide what you'll concentrate on this range trip. Practice some shooting while moving. Do a couple drills concentrating on improving split times. Bring your rifle and do the same stuff with it. Back to using up some more 9mm when working transitions from long gun (after reloading with long gun practice).

It adds up.
    No doubt. All those things add up in a big way. I have no interest in that style of shooting though many other shooters do.
    Even my rifle shooting is slow....prone rifle slow fire.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

funny thread to read now... some of the first posts ring truer now more than ever... "will never be cheaper tomorrow than it is today"
    i would also add to this that i see more and more locales requiring ID and limiting the amount you can buy, while I pray PA holds out on this I also prepare.
    replace what you shoot... keep the rest.

(Carbon County)

I did not through the whole thread, but I have always "Stock piled" ammunition. I would buy a case of #6 shot .410 shells because near squirrel season you could not find it. Same with High Power rifle or any odd caliber I use that I saw on sale. A lot of cartridges that I use have become "Seasonal' and go fast. Why wait until there is none?

The only time I ''stock-piled'' for the future was back back in the late 90's ~ early 2000 , when I could buy a 1000rd case of good surplus NATO 7.62x51 ammo for $125 or 1200rd can of SS109 for $99. I just knew those prices couldn't last so if I had cash at the end of a show , I bought a case or two. For various reasons the last few years , my range time and ammo use were well below average and decreasing every year. So my ammo ''stash'' is now considerable. Never ever thought prices would be where they are today.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425