Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

I dread the day I have to move my ammo. In the same breath,
    I cant wait to move.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I dread the day I have to move my ammo. In the same breath,
    I cant wait to move.
    I once made the mistake of filling a 40 mm ammo can with 9mm.
    (I think about 1,800 rds of boxed ammo fits)

I had to offload a bunch of it in order to carry it up 2 flights of stairs. LOL

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

I have a pretty good stock right now. I only shoot a few calibers so that helps.. son and I went to the range 2 weeks ago and shot 300 rounds of 9mm.. last week wife and I blew through another 400..i'm gonna have to slow it down or bite the bullet and pay the piper to maintain my stock at a comfortable level.
    sucks hearing people in the know talking about summer of 2021 at the earliest for things to level off...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Trivia...

1) A standard USGI .50 cal can holds 1,200 loose 230 grain .45 ACP reloads.

2) A standard USGI .50 cal can full of loose 230 grain .45 ACP reloads weighs 62 pounds.

3) A pathetic 63 year old desk jockey should not grab a standard USGI .50 cal can full of loose 230 grain .45 ACP reloads in each hand in order to "toss" them up onto his reloading bench.

(Monroe County)

Have not reloaded in a decade, have a wood box middle shelf of my reloading bench with all the bullets in it, just the bullets, Speer 500ct 38, 44, 45 Lead RN and SWC, 45 RN and HP, 30cal various for 308 and 30-06, 8mm. went to move it the other day and barely managed it. Was going to put a few hundred rounds of winchester .22 FMJBT and changed my mind. Going to get one of my other benches tops cleaned off and thats going on top of that one. Gotta get back to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Even the 50cal cans are getting heavy, or am I just getting weak.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Even the 50cal cans are getting heavy, or am I just getting weak.
    I have two 50Cal cans filled with boxed 9mm. I*ve got it arranged so it really fits in there well. The other week I had a good laugh to myself when I asked my 14-year-old to pick them up. He thought they were empty and when he went to lift they did not readily move. I couldn*t stop laughing and then he had to show me up by lifting them to his knees, but quickly put them down.

You*re not getting old, they are damn heavy

(Luzerne County)

Interesting. My gut response to the OP’s question was “fear” .....fear of being caught short, of not having enough (whatever enough is).
    But....some people just shoot a lot and want to continue to do so. They use a large amount of ammo.
    I keep a case or two of .22 rimfire around because I shoot .22s often both rifle and pistol. I keep a couple thousand of .45 ACP for the same reason.
    Beyond that....a hundred or two of the other common cartridges plus lots of reloading components.
    Shotgun ammo::::a case each of 12, 16, 20, .410. Maybe fifty slug loads for the 12 gauge.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Tioga County)

What's funny is some of the gun youtubers complaining about being short on ammo when they of all people should have been stocked up to the gills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    I have two 50Cal cans filled with boxed 9mm. I*ve got it arranged so it really fits in there well. The other week I had a good laugh to myself when I asked my 14-year-old to pick them up. He thought they were empty and when he went to lift they did not readily move. I couldn*t stop laughing and then he had to show me up by lifting them to his knees, but quickly put them down.

You*re not getting old, they are damn heavy
    Yes they are,. I have 10 that weigh 60lbs and another 60 or so that weigh 30+ lbs.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast