Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Save yer money

Barter & defense...if SHTF the ammo will be worth more than its weight in gold.

Learn to reload. It stores well if kept dry and reasonably cool. I fired a box of .45 ACP last siummer wh I reloaded in 1983 and somehow misplaced in my shop..every round went bang.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    Serious Question....why do people stock pile ammo?
    Without ammunition, my rifle is just a poorly designed club.

Only problem I have with bartering with ammo is, now you've definitively told someone who has guns you have ammo, and guns, and things worth protecting with ammo and guns. While it probably won't be an issue under normal circumstances, if you're in a SHTF scenario where you're needing to barter ammo, the normal rules don't apply any longer.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Only problem I have with bartering with ammo is, now you've definitively told someone who has guns you have ammo, and guns, and things worth protecting with ammo and guns. While it probably won't be an issue under normal circumstances, if you're in a SHTF scenario where you're needing to barter ammo, the normal rules don't apply any longer.
    Of course in any SHTF scenario, if you ain't packin' WTF are you thinkin'? Obviously they'll know you have guns & ammo, you're still alive to barter.

Hoard the ammo and barter the children.

(Berks County)

I think it's too much ammunition when it falls through the floor under its own weight and ends up in the basement.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I think it's too much ammunition when it falls through the floor under its own weight and ends up in the basement.
    I had to have the floor triple reinforced so it wouldn't all fall in.

(Berks County)

Basement baby!!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(York County)

This is a good reason to have a stockpile of ammo....Democritters introduce bills requiring background checks on ammo purchases.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-house-senate/
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Monroe County)

Maybe I am looking at this wrong, but should by some epic bit of bad luck ammo becomes very scarce then you shoot less, find another supply route. You would still have over 300 million weapons out there with a butt load of ammo that folks are just sitting on. Very pissed off folks and just maybe they will get home delivery or some recently dropped ammo from unsuspected guests. While the loons rub their private parts in glee as they attempt to disarm law abiding citizens it may never dawn on them they are drawing X-rings on themselves in the long run.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast