Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Unhappy Retired LEO on Durgin show discussing gun registration

I'm sitting here listening to the Thursday Bob Durgin pod-cast and at the end of the second hour a retired Lancaster LEO was telling Bob that any pistol brought into Pennsylvania from out of state must be "registered". Like if I moved here from say Indiana and brought my pistols with me I have to go to a FFL and get them "registered". He (LEO) was also saying something about gun serial numbers being checked against some database during traffic stops. An added bonus for when you think you have to tell the LEO that you have a gun with you.

And the icing on the cake was when he mentioned to Bob that he has not only a LTCF and also an additional LTCF that allows him to carry his pistol anywhere he wants in the United States. That little gimme for members of the Cop Club really bugs me.

Anyone else hear this? If I'm making a double post could someone please advise.
    Johnnie F.

Default Re: Retired LEO on Durgin show discussing gun registration

Quote Originally Posted by johnfritz View Post
    Anyone else hear this? If I'm making a double post could someone please advise.
    I didn't hear it, and I'm glad. My blood pressure is high enough already.

(Venango County)

Everyone knows cops don't retire. The die from an inexplicable explosion just days before retirement.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(York County)

Either active or retired, the incomplete education of LEO's concerning the law never ceases to amaze me.

(Northampton County)

Anyone who looks or listens to LEOs for legal advice is an idiot. Plain and simple.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Allegheny County)

The problem is that Joe Average believes that cops know what's what with the law because they have to deal with it every day. Much like we expect electricians to know the electrical code or that we expect umpires to know the rules of baseball.

The reality is that the second two groups' jobs depend on their knowing the rules that they are expected to deal with. It is true that rookie umpires often don't know the rules but they either learn quickly or get out of the field. The same can be said of electricians, rookies make mistakes but get corrected and learn quickly because if they don't there are consquences.

On the other hand, cops? Not so much in the way of learning or consequences.

(Westmoreland County)

It has been mentioned numerous times on this forum...........don't listen and above all...don't "Talk" to LEO's.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    The problem is that Joe Average believes that cops know what's what with the law because they have to deal with it every day. Much like we expect electricians to know the electrical code or that we expect umpires to know the rules of baseball.

The reality is that the second two groups' jobs depend on their knowing the rules that they are expected to deal with. It is true that rookie umpires often don't know the rules but they either learn quickly or get out of the field. The same can be said of electricians, rookies make mistakes but get corrected and learn quickly because if they don't there are consequences.

On the other hand, cops? Not so much in the way of learning or consequences.
    Anyone from any profession can talk out their bung hole. The electrician can talk a great game but still have his head up his rump. The girl at the grocery store bakery can talk all about cakes and try to look knowledgeable but looks like a goof next to Buddy the Cake Boss.... this goof from the podcast is no different.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Everyone knows cops don't retire. The die from an inexplicable explosion just days before retirement.
    It's called "retirony"
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Anyone from any profession can talk out their bung hole..
    Yeah, that cake girl can really cause havoc in someone's life because she misspelled "birthday" on a cake.

I was talking to a guy recently who had an interesting sticker on the back of his car. I asked about it because I thought that it was a Army division patch and I hadn't seen it before. He explained that it meant that the "thin blue line covers YOUR ass."

The thin blue line stands fast.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast