Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I disagree. In order for a court to award monetary damages, it would have first had to find fault with the defendants actions. With the settlement, there is no fault admitted or assigned.

In any given case, I'd prefer to see a court clearly assign fault, even with NO monetary damages awarded, as opposed to a settlement of less than astronomical proportion with no admission of guilt.

I know I'll have lots more to say (and ask) later, but I just learned about this development late last evening, so I'm still processing it, and want to research some things before I open my yap much further.
    Totally agreed

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

I'm still processing it, and want to research some things before I open my yap much further.
    I will be looking forward to that response.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Indiana County)

Was their ever a response to the filing, or did it go straight to an offer?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    Emphasis on "Had"........can you also quote some other major sites that posted or covered this?
    they "had" covered the Berlin wall coming down too and this is no Berlin wall. News moves on. I'm not sure where else it was covered nationally but I'm know that people all around the nation have followed this story. I also know this settlement got about as much play as a full trial would have.. if you think national news would have picked up him losing or winning a normal judgement you have a poor sense of what the news will cover.
    Last edited by whoshisface; March 9th, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Plain and simple, Great job Mark. I have not read all the posts in this thread so I don't know what people are saying.
    There was a real change in how ppd handles oc. That will possibly save others from being shot and will definitely stop some others from being harrassed.
    Maybe the next time you have any interaction with the ppd they will call you Sir.
    FYI: they did call him sir, I heard it with my own ears.

(Montgomery County)

I have my opinion too about people throwing stones at a man that has done so much while they typically do absolutely nothing.

Your opinion is fine in my view.. I don't see you throwing stones.. you're not that type of person and you're not rude.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Concerning my part of the arm chair quarterbacking ....

I my previous posts I commended Mark for taking it as far as he did. I also said I wouldn't have, but then again I wasn't telling anyone how I was going to take it to the PPD either. The last time I checked this forum is about discussion, filled with experiences as well as opinions. I have mine on how this incident ended up. Go back and read them if you like. I will add to them by saying I'm not disappointed in Mark as a person, he did what he had to do, and AGAIN, much farther than most of us would have, it's just that this ended without any real grit, sure some unwritten things may have changed on the surface, for now but as soon as this isn't front page news ... well who knows.

As for the march and other OC things, no I didn't attend. I have nothing against OC but it's not for me and I do not want to be an activist. I have written many a letter to my reps in favor of 2A stuff.

I did plan on being in Ridley but my wife informed me of a prior commitment, I would have been there for the first date picked as this venue is local to me.

Not everyone who doesn't attend these things is just sitting on their duff Ted, sometimes the way you put things is abrasive at the very least. Sorry we can't all live up to your expectations.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    they "had" covered the Berlin wall coming down too and this is no Berlin wall. News moves on. I'm not sure where else it was covered nationally but I'm know that people all around the nation have followed this story. I also know this settlement got about as much play as a full trial would have.. if you think national news would have picked up him losing or winning a normal judgement you have a poor sense of what the news will cover.
    Whether this is the Berlin wall or not, you mentioned it was covered nation wide but I can't find anything. I only pointed out that this should not have been a civil trial but a criminal trial (if possible).
    Sure, news moves on but this is the kind of news that affects all OC'ers Nation wide and I can't find anything outside PA that it was covered.
    You can jump at my throat here (and you have all the right to do so) but I only asked about proof of websites/news stations or links where I can see with my own two eyes that it was covered.
    I yet have to see this.
    Last edited by D10; March 9th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    Whether this is the Berlin wall or not, you mentioned it was covered nation wide but I can't find anything. I only pointed out that this should not have been a civil trial but a criminal trial (if possible).
    Sure, news moves on but this is the kind of news that affects all OC'ers Nation wide and I can't find anything outside PA that it was covered.
    You can jump at my throat here (and you have all the right to do so) but I only asked about proof of websites/news stations or links where I can see with my own two eyes that it was covered.
    I yet have to see these.
    I pointed out stossle. If you read through the original thread I posted several at the time and so did others. For a very long time if you typed mark f in Google his name would come up first! It is and was national but how much press should something like this get?

(Montgomery County)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...ry-gun-owners/

First page of Google a national fox news article..

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I pointed out stossle. If you read through the original thread I posted several at the time and so did others. For a very long time if you typed mark f in Google his name would come up first! It is and was national but how much press should something like this get?
    You obviously don't know how search engines function.
    Your view of results is customized for you based on your internet history, cached cookies and geographic location

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast