Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default I'm dumbfounded - D.C.'s solution to crime, be a victim

Default Re: I'm dumbfounded - D.C.'s solution to crime, be a victim

Criminals for criminals.
    FJB

We, as duly elected official tier 3 representatives for the criminal workers union, strive to create a safer working environment for our criminal street level brethren. We don't want to have the numbers of our electorate base eradicated by armed, law abiding citizens.
    So we pledge to do everything both within and outside our constitutionally specified powers to prevent the evil law abiding citizen from killing or maiming our constituents by practicing their 2nd Amendment Rights.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

i wish that article wasn't written by emily miller. only b/c i want more reporters writing about it.

You know, that's the solution my vice principal had when I got into a fight too: just let him assault you and don't respond, it'll make the situation worse. I thought it was asinine then but now coming from an elected official? Blah

It's so idiotic I have no idea what to say. "Yes people, roll over and take it from the criminal, he'll get what he wants and leave you alone eventually!"

(Centre County)

Mr. Quander thinks victimhood is preferable to self-defense. “The problem is, if you are armed, it escalates the situation,” Mr. Quander told residents. “It is much better, in my opinion, to be scared, to be frightened, and even if you have to be, to be injured, but to walk away and survive. You’ll heal, and you can replace whatever was taken away.”
    Yes, YESSSSSSS, this is what we all need. Be a victim. Be a pussy. Let them take it! The thugs win. You'll be fiiiiiine. You got insurance, right?

Brought to buy the re-elect Mr. Quander 2014 committee.....

Is this really where we are headed? Where America is headed? Incredible. Sheeple get in line, you fuckin elected him (or he was appointed by your elected)....
    Last edited by FLICK; March 3rd, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Luzerne County)

Enjoyed reading some of the comments. Most notably this one....

Your ultimate possession is your life. YOU are responsible for it, not a government. But if the government convinces you that THEY are responsible for your life, they can probably convince you to allow them to be responsible for everything else in your life. This is the kernel of the lefts hatred for the individual freedom to bear arms.

If you are a woman reading this, and think you are a feminist or champion of women's rights, and you are AGAINST a woman's right to carry a firearm in the defense of herself and her family.. re-examine your principles. Look at how many of these simple street robberies turn into rapes. Look at the real statistics that are available that prove that carrying a firearm prevents such tragedies. And finally, if you are one of those that would rather be raped than shoot her rapist, fine. That is YOUR choice. Please stop trying to make that choice for MY sister, mother, girlfriend, or wife.
    I grew up around this kind of mentality in CA. It is sickening to say the least. When I was a kid they rammed this ideology down our throats at school. If a bully wants your lunch money just comply and then find an adult. This, of course, went hand in hand with "everybody is a winner".

(Bucks County)

L I B E R A L MENTALITY. Or is that A N A L I T Y?
    Pull the D lever for more.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

in many cases people who cooperate with thugs are murdered anyway, not to long ago in philly several thugs walked into a local convenience store and gunned the owner down after he told them to take whatever they wanted. a pizza delivery guy was gunned down in philly a few months ago after begging for his life so the idea that cooperating with thugs will save your life is false. what emboldens thugs in places like DC is the thug knows with out a doubt their victim is unarmed and more than likely a sheep waiting to be led to the slaughter. i'd rather go down fighting than on my knees begging and hoping for some criminal will spare my life.

(Delaware County)

As I've mentioned in other threads, appeasement has never been known to work with criminals - they just begin to assume that they have been granted legitimacy. When I was a teen in NYC in the 60s, we were told to be sure to have $5 to give to a mugger - better to just give him something than get hurt. Of course it became $10 and then $20. It never stops until somebody starts rebelling. A good start would be to make sure that the politician who was making the point about it being better to be a victim is not re-elected. In fact, if it's possible in the district it would be a great time for a recall campaign. Any politician who truly believes that it's better for his supporters to be victims does not deserve supporters.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast