Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Pleasant visit from the police. No, really!

I'm in my front yard with my wife and a German Shepherd that we're boarding and training for a couple weeks. I'm taking photos since we promised the owner we'd take some pictures as soon as the dog arrived, and this is the first time the weather has been nice enough outside for decent photography.

A New Castle police SUV cruises on by and I give a friendly wave. Then it stops and makes a U turn and pulls up in front of our house. If it weren't my neighborhood I'd be worried, but my neighbors know I OC and haven't had any issue with it. All other interaction with the local LEOs have all been good. So I'm wondering why an officer is getting out and heading towards me.

As soon as he moves around the front of the SUV I recognize the officer as the same one that helped us catch a different dog that figured out how to unlock the gate and run (we've since fixed that). He comes by smiling and asks how we're doing and if this is the same dog. He seemed a little disappointed that it wasn't, but happy that we did find that dog a good home. He was very polite, very personable, and great with the dog we were training.

And not once did he even make mention of the M&P40 on my hip that I know he saw. Didn't phase him at all. All he wanted was to say hi, check out the dog because he likes them, and be friendly.

I gotta say, while this town might have issues, the LEOs I've met aren't on that list. Chalk another one up for the New Castle PD and doing well with OCers.

Now who's the first that's going to tell me to ignore the police and/or find a lawyer?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Pleasant visit from the police. No, really!

You're just lucky he didn't shoot your door and chainsaw your dog.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You're just lucky he didn't shoot your door and chainsaw your dog.
    It almost sounds like you've been playing Gears of War too much... :P

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaulWolf View Post
    It almost sounds like you've been playing Gears of War too much... :P
    I think he's been reading the newspaper. That's where people get their doors chainsawed open and dogs shot if they fall behind on student loan payments. In newspapers, not in Gears of War.

The cop was investigating you. Which is fine as long as you are a willing participant. He wants to know what’s going on around the area with people carrying guns and with dogs, both "good guys" (LOL) and bad guys alike, girls with big boobs, and he already had an incident with you.

You are in your front yard and you give a cop credit for not jacking you over carrying a gun on your own property?

(Chris Rock)That's some damn low expectations ***** shit motherfucka!(/Chris Rock)

Keep in mind, I'm not criticizing the cop. You a little bit, but just a little

(Lawrence County)

Consider some of the horror stories we've read and heard about. I'll give credit to a cop who's the exact opposite of said horror stories. Everyone reads about the bad encounters, so I'm glad to post a good one.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not since text doesn't convey it well, but no, I seriously don't think he was investigating anything. I really think he just wanted to drop by and say hi.

(Lehigh County)

Positive interactions that bolster 2nd Amendment normalcy are always worth of note.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Delaware County)

Consider some of the horror stories we've read and heard about. I'll give credit to a cop who's the exact opposite of said horror stories. Everyone reads about the bad encounters, so I'm glad to post a good one.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not since text doesn't convey it well, but no, I seriously don't think he was investigating anything. I really think he just wanted to drop by and say hi.
    Probably some of each. Just my guess based on ungawa's usual oppinions expressed. Kinda see his point.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Centre County)

... no, I seriously don't think he was investigating anything. I really think he just wanted to drop by and say hi.
    This was not a negative encounter, but I think any cop who's doing his job is ALWAYS investigating anything that seems even slightly outside the mundane.

(Lancaster County)

And the notes that went into the CAD system after the officer re-entered his vechile:

123 Main Street
    Gun owner
    has large dog

If raiding house, use big bullets for dog.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I think he's been reading the newspaper. That's where people get their doors chainsawed open and dogs shot if they fall behind on student loan payments. In newspapers, not in Gears of War.

The cop was investigating you. Which is fine as long as you are a willing participant. He wants to know what’s going on around the area with people carrying guns and with dogs, both "good guys" (LOL) and bad guys alike, girls with big boobs, and he already had an incident with you.

You are in your front yard and you give a cop credit for not jacking you over carrying a gun on your own property?

(Chris Rock)That's some damn low expectations ***** shit motherfucka!(/Chris Rock)

Keep in mind, I'm not criticizing the cop. You a little bit, but just a little
    Oh, that's funny. Things on the western part of the state are NOTHING like the east.

The New Castle PD have consistently been helpful in every circumstance I've ever seen and could seem to care less about OC. They really can be that friendly and professional.

Lycandecentfolkthrope

Lycanlikesthewestthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast